Trading from Asia

Dear Sirs,

I am an American living in the Philippines with my wife and family. I have been studying the markets full-time for 5 years. It has not been until now that I have found a system that I thought provided a real edge in trading the markets as a retail trader. A system that was consistent with how the markets really work and made good use of the available technology. I have a background in IT/IS.

My time zone is 12 hours ahead of EST. So the Globex opening of the e-minis is morning time here. I would like to get an opinion on the pros and cons of trading the opening of the Asian, European and US markets. Midnight here is noon time Eastern and is about as late as I can stay up.

Any insights from those who have traded from areas outside the US is appreciated. Particularly Asia.

Many thanks and good trading, Al.

Al - there are trading opportunities virtually around the clock. The only difference in the different markets, simplistically speaking is volume. Volume = movement. If you do a simple search you will see that there is a lot less volume in the Asian markets than in either London and US markets. Is that always the case, no. If news comes out that drives the Asian markets you will see big(her) volume.

What I would recommend to you is figure out first when you can reliably trade. What hours each day, every other day, whatever… will you dedicate to trading. You want to be able to trade the same time frames, with the same strategy, with the same instruments so that you can take advantage of the probabilities.

If you want to trade the Asian session (which is nighttime here) then I would look at jumping in the Trading Pit. Traders start showing up in the evening here… Primarily they are trading Boomerangs, and you can get that course under the course list.

Happy Trading!!! Brad

Good advice. Thank you.

Good trading, Al.

You can trade really anytiome asian, european or US main markets are open Sounds like the european and early US session may be best for you? These are prime trading hours for high volume trend movements. 3 AM to 11 AM ET

But there are plenty of strategies you can do around the clock.

I am trading from Bangkok and have the same questions as Al, so I too much appreciate your advice on choosing consistent timing, markets & instruments. I tend to trade London & New York opens (but have lots to learn!) and find expected Volume indicator particularly helpful. Cheers