Why is Nadex spread market prices so different?

Hey guys,

Please see screen shot here http://s28.postimg.org/hysry8oml/nadexpricing.png (I don’t have ablity to upload on forum yet)

I did a sell order at price 1.0635 and the price reflected on the EURUSD chart was around 1.0660 highlighted by the red line in the picture. The market went up but then went down quite a bit, in the picture it shows the current price at 1.0646 so this is a 16 pip drop from the original 1.0660 price that correlated to the price I traded at however it shows the “current mkt” price as higher then when I initially sold at which does not make much sense to me at all… surely if the price of eurusd has gone down 16 pips then the “current mkt” price should be lower than when I sold at. But it shows I am 7 pips in lose.

Please could you explain why this is happening? Is this a bug on nadex?

Also can you explain why the current mkt price is so drastically different to the actual current price shown on the chart? Why is the chart even here if it is not in correlation at all with the current mkt price. How can I view a chart for the actual market price the spreads are trading at?

I come from a forex trading background but all this is very strange to me.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Dillon K

Dillon, You can not base your trade entry prices off the Chart, you must look at the indicative pricing on Nadex, the bid or offer price. Also keep in mind that there are different spreads, some are priced differenttly , some have positive premium, some have negative premium, that is why you are seeing what you are seeing, you can not base an entry on a random spread based on a chart. To clarify and understand spreads check out this series of videos and especially proximity and premium video for a better understanding: Apex Thursday Webinar- The In's and Out's of Nadex Spreads

The price is not different at all. Your looking at an indicative chart notice how the chart matches.

There are several charts using the specific spread chart to make them match. Also I do not recommend you use nadex charts to trade off of. Use underlying market charts.

Thank you, is there any way I can view underlying charts without having to pay?

Yes. Go to the Apex memeber page and on the APEX elite room and tools ant the very bottom it has an option where it explains how to get Ninja and data feed for free.

Go here to setup charts and data for free: http://apexinvesting.net/setting-up-ninja-trader/