Nadex Binary Profit Popper Strategy: Hourly OTM or ITM binaries using Elite MVP

Hi,

DM made an interesting suggestion in the elite room yesterday for a very simple binary strategy. Here is a cleaned up version of the transcript that I’m using for notes to try it out.

Super Summary: current hour 3 tick apex entry use MVP filtering OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long $10/$90

Cleaned up transcript: A very easy OTM strategy, 3 tick apex entry with closest OTM strike closing current hour (unless in last say 15 then go for next hour), buy back at 10 if sold or sell back at 90 if bought.

no stop needed, massive profit 200 to 800%, high probability

Just choose the OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long

On old apex method it did not work as well as we did not have mvp filtering and sizing of bars for binaries - use MVP filtering

But with this now its pretty nuts how well it works If its too small just do an ITM strike above the E exit if price hit…

current hour

super super simple

Hey Doppell,

When I saw this, I also cut and pasted the instruction into a notepad file and read it a few times to make it sink in.

Then late last night (or early this morning), after watching some videos,I decided to set up my ELITE charts. I immediately saw this on my chart and took the trade.

Got a cool TP of $50 in less than 5 minutes.

Looking forward to more of these. :slight_smile:

Lino

P.S. How do I put pictures directly into a post?

There are a couple methods - at night yes 4 minute bars closest OTM binary etc… take profit when hit or a ITM binary just below the E on a long or just about the E on a short) (put those ranges on your chart you need them to know if your binary selection is realistic)

But also on diagnostic bars - if there is an OTM binary strike below the high of the A bar (when buying on a long) or and look to exit around 90 on a sell to exit a long -

if there is an OTM binary strike above the low of the A bar (when selling on a short) then enter it - a or exit at 10 on a buy to exit a short.

Look at the chart and notice how many of them would finish ITM using the correct bar setting sizes on a diagnostic pattern chart with the right bar settings follow the apex elite mvp entry and add on entry rules.

If there is not an OTM binary then choose a ITM binary with a strike at or below the low of the E bar on a long or at or above the E bars high on a short.

(same exits maybe 94 or 6 if necessary.)

Use stops on ITM if strike is hit.

If no strike is available you can check the next hour out and then A - exit at the end of the hour regardless win/loss - or b - trail the stop just 1 tick below the low of each closed bar on a long or above the high of each closed bar on a short as of the end of the hour.

Don’t use ATM for these trades

Remember to only use OTM if an OTM strike is above the A on a short or the OTM strike is below the A on a long.

I also would like to point out that though these trades did work they where right at the -1 dev line on a very slow day overall except for the end of the day. There was no major news or anything to even make it move further so the expectation it would go beyond the - 1 dev level This is something to pay attention to. Ie i would not want to do a OTM trade with a strike below -1 or + 1 or (if way past it maybe but not gong right into it. And if i had a signal with a OTM i would want to put it before the deviation level and exit when the strike was hit.

To put pictures into a post use the .png link which you did but use the little image icon 3rd from the right and choose url, and uncheck the box then paste the url and click okay/apply.

I get the 3 tick entry rule but one thing I am still confused about is the 3 tick above/below the high/low of E bar on the chart or on the indicative on nadex (ie. using the stop trigger). If the entry is 3 ticks above/below on the chart, how do I go about setting the stop trigger for it on the nadex (via the binary scanner). Thanks in advance.

If the high of the e bars price is 1850.25 and it ticks in .25 the put in a trigger price of 1851. (Even if nadex ticks in .1) the 3 tick etc rules are based on the underlying tick size not nadex.

When using the clarity price (ie if trading futures I make it be hit) or trigger price in the stop trigger it will trigger when the indicative price hits it.

Im not sure what the confusion is where it comes from or if I answered it so I replied w a bit of everything. Hope that helps if not keep asking and let me know where the confusion comes from so I can update that video etc.

Thanks Darrell.

My confusion was because there is sometimes a difference between the underlying price and the indicative price on nadex especially in forex. So in the case of forex, should I use +3 ticks + difference between the underlying and indicative as the trigger price on a buy and a -3 ticks without the differences on a sell. As for all other instruments such as indices and commodities, I should use the underlying +/- 3 ticks without adding on any difference between the underlying and indicative both buying and selling.

They are almost always different. You will need to look at what the difference is. The goal is to make the market have to actually have some orders not jus a few at above your trigger so you don’t get nicer by a single tick. This is rarely an issue on futures as the indicative is last trade but for ex uses sequential mid quotes so it’s more complex and you have to look at the difference on them. If your not sure then you can open the ticket and have it trade and watch the clarity price on the chart.

“Remember to only use OTM if an OTM strike is above the A on a short or the OTM strike is below the A on a long.” So I’ve read this over 9000 times, and I can’t get it to make sense. Using a long for example, If your entry point is 3 ticks above the high of the E bar, and the high of the A bar was higher than the E bar high, how can there be any OTM strikes below the low (or even the high) of the A? Wouldn’t they all be ITM or ATM at best?

“if there is an OTM binary below the low of the A high (on a long)” That legitimately gives me a headache.

Take some Tylenol and try again :slight_smile:

if there is an OTM binary strike below the high of the A bar (when buying on a long)

or if there is an OTM binary strike above the low of the A bar (when selling on a short) then enter it -

I think I was looking at quick APEX’s where the E and X form on the same bar (which exceeds the A bar), and thinking ‘how can I get an OTM above the E bar yet below the A bar?’. Took me trying to illustrate my question on a chart to realize that there’s often plenty of room between the high of the E bar and the high of the A bar for an OTM strike to be sitting.

TL;DR: Sometimes I feel like a real idiot. This being one of those times.

Thanks Darrell.

You may not be able to get an OTM if there is not enough room or a strike is not (ie on a long) below the high of an A (or on a short) no strike is above the high of the A that is OTM. In this case you would need to do an ITM strike.

Many guys (like me) are visual learners. Is this what an OTM MVP Elite (Long) trade looks like? I have enclosed a pic. (Take note that all MVP rules apply)

Here is the link:

I have a question regarding this system…love it by the way. When do you enter the trade? I understand that you are looking for a strike on the “A” and that you are using the stop trigger 3 ticks above/below the A but when do I actually submit my ticket? Right now I am thinking it is on the “P” since that is the lowest point and will get me the best value for my strike price.

[quote=doppelrock]Hi,

DM made an interesting suggestion in the elite room yesterday for a very simple binary strategy. Here is a cleaned up version of the transcript that I’m using for notes to try it out.

Super Summary: current hour 3 tick apex entry use MVP filtering OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long $10/$90

Cleaned up transcript: A very easy OTM strategy, 3 tick apex entry with closest OTM strike closing current hour (unless in last say 15 then go for next hour), buy back at 10 if sold or sell back at 90 if bought.

no stop needed, massive profit 200 to 800%, high probability

Just choose the OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long

On old apex method it did not work as well as we did not have mvp filtering and sizing of bars for binaries - use MVP filtering

But with this now its pretty nuts how well it works If its too small just do an ITM strike above the E exit if price hit…

current hour

super super simple[/quote]

Yes it is - love it :slight_smile:

Only thing i would do is add expected range it really lets you see that 1 hour expiration :slight_smile:

[quote=melvin500]Many guys (like me) are visual learners. Is this what an OTM MVP Elite (Long) trade looks like? I have enclosed a pic. (Take note that all MVP rules apply)

Here is the link: [/quote]

There are two methods for entry One is when the P bar is broken by 3 ticks (a profit popper)

2nd is simply when the 3 is broken by 3 ticks (this is the main method and filters out a lot of bad trades but also like you said may not quite give you the best price - so you have to choose on that one - try both or just look at the historical charts you will find what fits your perosnality bettter

Aggressive = more winning trades and better fills but also more loosers

Conservative - less losing trades- but also less winning trades - and less trades overaall

Darrell, I know I saw it in a video or one of the forum threads but I cannot find it. Does A.P.E.X. always stay in that order or can they get switched around? I noticed an orange “E” before the “P”. I know I have seen information on this orange “E” but I cannot remember where.

Dragonfly,

This was discussed in the Elite MVP course videos.

An “E” turning orange means it is no longer valid. On a long (green) APEX, this happens when you have a get and A, a P and an E. But before the X is formed, the low of the P is broken so a new P is formed thus invalidating the E. For reasons I don’t know, the old P disappears but the E just turns orange.

Hope that helps.