Nadex Compliance

What are the ramifications of the new Nadex compliance requirements issued by the CFTC?

I am eager to know too. I hope nothing to worry about…

the email i got about nadex being a swap i am new to all this so i am wondering what it means and how it affects me thanks

This is 100% nothing to worry about.

Your money was safe before now it is even safer. Even more security on your funds. We could only wish this would have happened at brokers like intrade and others.

Nice to be with Nadex :slight_smile:

To date, only one entity that offers binary options has been granted status as a designated contract market— the North American Derivatives Exchange, Inc. All other entities that are offering binary options that are commodity options transactions are doing so illegally. Source: cftc.gov

Binary Option Fraud Scam Alert By CFTC | http://apexinvesting.com/binary_option_fraud_scam_alert_by_cftc/

See all the ways your funds are now protected. This is even more secure than regular futures accounts.

[i] Member Funds Historically, Nadex has held the funds of direct trading members in customer segregated funds accounts pursuant to CFTC Regulation 1.20 (funds held for the purpose of futures trading). Swaps funds of direct members are deemed to be “Member Property” and will be held in a “Nadex Member Property Account”. That account will be segregated and kept apart from Nadex’s own collateral and may not be commingled with the property of Nadex or any Cleared Swaps Customers.

Please note the following relating to the safety of member funds: *Member funds are segregated and kept apart from Nadex’s own collateral. *Member funds may not be comingled with the money, securities or other property of any Cleared Swaps Customers Account. *Nadex maintains a Member Property Account with BMO Harris Bank, a major US bank in Chicago. *Because Nadex is a fully collateralized exchange/clearinghouse, Nadex’s market participants do not take on any counterparty credit risk or exposure to the risk of a defaulted margin call. Accordingly, Nadex should never have a shortfall in public or non-public customer funds. *Nadex is a wholly owned subsidiary of IG Group Holdings plc, a FTSE 250 company with a market capitalization in excess of $2.5 Billion.[/i]