Thunderstorms

Sometimes my Ninja charts stop at the previous day and don’t show the current trading day. I’ve reloaded historical data but sometimes that doesn’t work either. I’ve contacted Ninja tech support as this problem has happened several times since I’ve been using Ninja charts. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem permanently?

My charts take a long time to load. Is there a way to speed up this process? The load time really hurts my trading and trading(making money) is why I’m doing this ; not to spend time playing with computers. Out of all the indicators, does expected volume take the longest to load? The charts are loading so slowly that I might have to get up a 4 am to open my charts and hopefully I’ll be trading at 7am. I’m not being sarcastic either.

Do the indicators like APEX pattern, MVP line and expected ranges work with time based charts? The time based charts seem to load faster than the diagnostic bars.

Now back to THUNDERSTORMS. I lose my webpages almost every time it rains really hard here in Northeast PA. This would be disastrous while in the middle of a trade. What can I do to guard against this?

Darrell, I just subscribed to an ELITE membership. I would love to try out the APEX indicators and trading systems but I have a sinking feeling that my 2 week trial period is going to be spent dealing with IT problems. I am not enamored with today’s technology. I think the ideas are great but the reliability isn’t and if it’s not reliable then it’s not that good. This is why I took several APEX courses without subscribing to a paid membership. I was afraid of this and so far it looks like my hesitation was justified.

As far as the thunderstorms, look at a battery backup for your computer. Most store enough power to close applications and shut down computer. Brad

CyberPower - 1500VA Intelligent LCD Series Battery Back-Up System - Black

$159.99 at Best Buy, gives you between 3 -11 minutes of battery power.

Hi David, I’m not sure if it’s necessarily a permanent solution to the load time for your charts, but if you haven’t done it in a while you could try clearing the cache using the Apex Investing Toolkit for Ninja desktop icon. I hadn’t done it, well, since I installed Ninja and the toolkit and it sped up my load time for the charts. As for the storm outages, if you have access to a smartphone you could always download the Nadex app to at least monitor your positions and trades in a pinch. You wouldn’t have all the nice charts and everything like on the pc, but it might help you at least get out of a trade or take profit if you needed to. Best of luck! Jim

Iver never seen charts stop at the previous day and not keep loading unless someone was having internet connectivity issues. We do have a internet connectivity monitor tool that is free under structure free trading tools in the forum.

We do have a lot of charts in the room. This may help you some as you can just hop in the elite room and there they are… Also if your having these kind of load time issues then I would suggest turning on and setting up your computer the night before. Versus the morning of so you don’t have this issue. Also use workspaces versus tryhing to build charts from scratch and workspaces from scratch each morning… What kind of computer do you have RAM, Operating System, Processor(s)? If you go to speed test.net what is your download and upload speed?

The indicators will load on a time based chart. But I dont trade them on time based charts. The reason it takes longer is it is downloading a lot of information on every single tick recording that tick to accurately build the bars and assigning volume to every tick of every bar. It can take a bit to load depending on your internet speed, computer, and how Ninja currently using processing power. Its well worth it.

If you have power and internet issues you can use a phone or a 4g card on a laptop with a battery and internet.

The help desk can be accessed here for further assistance: http://support.apexinvesting.net/requests/new

I have Verizon DSL. I am only pulling 1.82 MB even though I am paying for 3MB. I hhad a verizon tech out here a few weeks ago and he said the internet speed depends on where you live. I asked if they have something faster and he said no.Also, I know that my computer set up is not ideal. I have a 5 1/2 year old compaq presario witha dual core pracessor, 320 GB hard drive and 3GB of RAM. I just cant afford a trading computer at this time. It took me from last October to March of this year to save $2000 for my trading account. I really don’t want too spend another $400 for a new computer at least until this business proves itself to me. I need to know that I can do this profitably before I start spending more money on it.

Your internet and power is going to be issues for you no matter what your trading or what trading computer you have. I suggest with that kind of internet and that little of ram you setup a Virtual computer where your trading off a server. You can get a good one for about $50 a month and you will have fast internet, stable power, and more current processors and more ram.