131 ticks on NQ in less than 20 mins vs my EGO

Hello traders! Hope you all had an awesome day today. Volatility was high. Plenty of opportunity all day. I wanted to make a quick post about my journey as a trader and share some lessons that I’ve learned along the way. I will also post an awesome trade I took today using IZSS but more importantly what that trade signified for me.

I was introduced to trading in the form of bucketshop binary options when I was 22. I learned some very basic things about the market and was able to double an account within a couple of weeks. The broker ended up not paying out but it was during this experience that I realized the power of trading as a form of income and it was also when I realized that this is what I want to pursue in my life. I was passionate about it and was instantly hooked. A few months later I was introduced to APEX and all of its awesome systems. I tried extremely hard to make a profit using APEX systems but I just couldn’t do it. Most of this was due to not following rules and trying to do it myself rather than looking for help when I needed it.

So eventually I thought that I didn’t need APEX to succeed. I’ll do it on my own. I’ll show them. This was my ego talking. And boy did it talk. For the next two years I went and studied everything I could about the markets. I mean EVERYTHING. I built countless systems and tweaked them. Over and over again I changed what I was doing to get the next best thing. This works better. Take this out and replace it with that etc. I put everything I could into learning how it all fit together, unknowingly making trading needlessly complicated. At the end of all my studying I had blown 3 trading accounts in about a year and a half. I had lost sight of why I started trading, to make money. Being right became much more important. That belief kept me stuck for years until I finally caved. I kept this up until about two weeks ago.

Here’s the thing, no matter how bright you are, how skilled you are, how patient you are, how dedicated you are…YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW. I can only hope that all caps on those words give you a small idea on the grave importance of this realization. You will save countless hours if you just follow the money. Do what works and what’s been proven. Learn the rules and discipline yourself.

So two weeks ago, just like when I split off from APEX, I dived into all of the material. I went over the rules for IZSS and using VAD, I went over THT webinars, I entered the elite room and asked questions. I didn’t care if the answers I received fit what I believed about trading. I wasn’t profitable, so what did I really know? NOTHING. I wanted to become profitable so bad I was willing to let go of every piece of knowledge I had acquired in the past two years. If it doesn’t make money, it doesn’t make sense. Soon after I started trading my demo Nadex account again. I swear to you a miracle happened. I started making money day after day. Following the rules, not being fearful or greedy, and disciplining myself I started to see profit. It was beautiful.

Today I took an awesome 131 ticks banger on NQ. Words can’t describe how amazing it felt. Besides the fact that it was a big winner, it was the result of belief and discipline trading a system that is proven. I didn’t have to reinvent the wheel. I didn’t even have to put air in the tires! All I needed to do was learn to ride the bike and pedal. That’s it. I didn’t need to go through the pain of being stuck for so long. But I believe that it happened for a reason. I believe it happened so I can get over my ego and share this with you. I’m now on my way to profitability and that’s all that matters.

I hope this helps whoever reads it. If you are struggling, get in the elite room and ask questions. Decide if its more painful to blow an account or look bad. There is no such thing as a dumb question. We are all here to learn. The group in there is awesome, super supportive, and have a genuine interest in seeing you succeed. It’s like a trading family, its awesome! That’s all for now. Here is the trade in detail! Hope you enjoy and happy trading!

Awesome!! Thanks for posting

Ivar! This is excellent! Thank you for being so honest and candid about your journey! You are going to help many people with the same stumbling blocks. Excellent trade sir! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Ibrandt!!! The story sounds extremly familiar…

Did you trade this with a NTM spread?

Thx

Awesome Post! Congrats!

You’re welcome! Yes it was an NTM spread.