1st day returns

Not sure if this forum has a section about current positions and results or if traders generally post related comments about such. Today was my first day trading in over three years and I’m happy to report a 35% return after commissions.

I traded AUD/JPY mostly, after following it for a day and gathering some technical/fundamental familiarity. I did well buying the >93.60 in the afternoon and very well with the “condor” I put on for tonight’s 11PM expiry: sold >94, bought >93.40. Price mostly traded and expired right at the halfway point.

PMI news came out around 8 PM EST and I didn’t trade before or after the first hour. It spike a little, then retraced, and didn’t do much afterwards. Not comfortable trading news just yet.

Cheers, Nash

Great job on your trading results today!

Assuming you mean iron butterflly with the binaries focusing on range bound market

iron condor is using spreads for premium collection?

Which PMI news are you referring to? Check the news trade plan to help you know what to look for (not all high impact are good trades - look at stats provided) also look for offset we are looking for ie 2 points off of number - and then look to exit at breakeven if it does not hit check the news videos for more help on mastering the various news strategies and usd demo to get used to it - its a much kinder teacher!