A Bit Confused On Profit Poppers

Over the past few days I have been trying to get the entry rules on a few trade set up down pact but I must honestly say that I am a bit confused as I continue to watch the videos over. Hopefully someone here can help me get some clarity.

At the moment I am having problems with the Profit Popper.

In this video “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgaLfMHC8OE&index=13&list=PLJMQ51O3apwzsbnLUsJnqBe3Q5b3DmbzW” at 0:44 Darrell says that we enter 3 ticks below the E Bar but it looks like he is calculating from the P Bar.

Then at 1:00 Darrell says to enter at “3 Ticks Below the P or the E”. It looked to me that there was a bit of miscommunication there that confused me because the first time he says to enter 3 ticks below the E then a few seconds later he says to enter 3 ticks below the P.

So my question is, which one is it?

I am not trying to complicate this process I am just trying to understand what I am supposed to do when it comes to entering and exiting the trades. Two different rules are given and that’s why I am confused. And me being confused has been one of the factors that cause the hesitation that I have when it comes to execution.

And as far as the stop loss is concerned do we set up the stop loss 1 tick above/blow the close of the P Bar or 1 tick above/blow the high or low of the P Bar?

Closing Remarks…

In closing I would like to throw an idea in the air that I think would help all of us traders out. I know as students its out job to go out and study the videos but sometimes in the midst of trading one may need a reminder of the rules of certain strategies. And rather than pulling up an entire video I think an info-graphic or PDF with the list of rules would be of good help to make sure we are correct as far as entry and exit rules go.

What I find myself doing at times is looking for a video in the training’s just to get surety on one rule and I often miss moves that way. The Info-graphic would help as it would be a single file of each trade set up that we could reference in-case we are unsure about a particular strategy.

I myself have the rules written down but sometimes I have to reference videos just to double check the rules because they are at times told differently in some of the videos. Anyways that is just a suggestion.

Profit poppers are generally used in flatter choppier markets or for those looking for larger “scalps” when there is room between entry and exit. They are a bit different and we recommend momentum scalps, apex entries/add on’s, MVP be mastered first. That is why profit poppers are in the order they are in on the elite course menu. After them then take on BMX reversals and then move into other trades under the bonus section and other courses.

Entry On profit poppers you have two choices they have a disadvantage and advantage like all things in trading. But they have a couple style choices depending on the market bar size time of day etc… and your experience in general with that market.

1. Enter when an E bar breaks the P by by 3 ticks (this is the original trade - E (entry bar) (technically could even be 2 ticks… but 3 is a general rule (note it can even be 1 tick if using bars smaller than 6 ticks (so long as you set the Entry offset setting on the pattern indicator to 1)

The advantage is you get in sooner and often have more profit potential and less risk in a trade. The disadvantage is you can get nicked if the market goes up just a few ticks and turns around on you (look for orange E’s to see how often this happens on the market you are trading)

If your going to do this strategy with these rules then you can use the apex pattern and scanner indicator and even the market analyzer template for alerts and the apex classic strategy and just set the “trend runners” which is very outdated to 0 size on the strategy. But you can automate them essentially though i recommend that you don’t do this as you need to watch the market etc… the old classic strategy is there as a guide to help you not to be a bot that replaces you. (ok done with my warning soap box on that one)

1. Enter when the bar after the E bar breaks the P bars’ high (if long) low (if short)

The advantage is you will not get in as many “old E” entries that do not complete the APEX saving you some money on losses The disadvantage is your taking on half a bar size in additional risk and you are narrowing the range between entry and exit lowering profit as well.

Another tip (always account for bid/ask spread on any market when trading it) meaning if bid ask is 1 tick - and your to take profit when the market hits 1 tick or 2 ticks below the high of the A (if long) etc… make sure that the bid is a tick lower than that on the buy etc…)

Stop Loss Yes stop 1 tick below the P on a long and 1 tick above the P on a short

I like the idea will reply to you in PM on you helping us get this setup :slight_smile:

yes, its a bit of smoke and mirrors, always keepem guessing. always confuse so later you can worm your way out of it.

Option 1: Base your entry on the “P”. Assume you’re going for a “buy”. If the price on the next bar (which will be an “E” if it works) reaches three ticks above the high on the P, you enter. Going for “sell”? Three below instead.

Option 2: If the bar after the “E” breaks the high/low of the “P”, enter. Adds confirmation that the price is indeed moving in that direction (I presume).

Same thing in less words. I don’t see where the “smoke and mirrors” are. The rules aren’t in concrete, hence having the option to tweak certain things such as the number of ticks for entry. But they’re solid enough to work if you stick closely to them.

Profit poppers have been my usual trade the last couple of weeks. I can’t trade everyday, and have missed some big moves on all markets. This works great in choppy markets.

I enter 3 ticks below/above the low/high of the P bar regardless of the MVP color and APEX color. Stops are tight, that why losses are usually small, one tick above high/below the low of the P bar. With the wide choppy markets the last couple weeks the profits have been big, 40+ ticks. Take profits are 1-2 ticks above/below the A. Another good thing about profit poppers, if they get into the BMX zone and don’t break, then you can take the BMX reverse trade the other direction.

I have made 12 trades with profit poppers and 8 of them have been winners.

The big loss was on CL today due to the Malaysian Airlines news.

Below are my last 12 profit popper trades in ticks.

TF Profit Popper 1, July 2 CL Profit Popper 66, July 2 NQ Profit Popper -10, July 7 TF Profit Popper 55, July 7 TF Profit Popper 24, July 14 CL Profit Popper 6, July 14 CL Profit Popper 19, July 16 CL Profit Popper -22, July 16 TF Profit Popper 3, July 16 CL Profit Popper -11, July 16 CL Profit Popper -29, July 17 TF Profit Popper 49, July 17

Chris R.

Trading is not a mindless activity. It involves choices. 2 Clear choices

Higher probability more risk more profit Lower probability less risk more profit

There is nothing to hide behind it is clear - 2 choices test either method…

Though I see you have not subscribed to anything not have you taken a single course. Before laying down insults inspect something first. Even the foolish seem wise if they keep their mouth shut. Two negative comments and no courses etc… your hear for obvious alternative purposes besides that of helping traders grow and improve. (banned)

Creed

140 ticks not to shabby on 1 or 2 short trades a day!

($140 on a single nadex contract $1400 on futures!) Great job Creed

How ya like them apples steve :slight_smile:

This comment is foolish Steve. Darrell is not trying to keep us guessing. We are humans and sometimes we make mistakes. I was confused and I asked a question just as any student who is trying their hardest to learn something.

I’m 100% sure that Coach D was not trying to confuse us. You seem to be a very pessimistic person. While you remain negative we will learn this system and change our lives.

Hmm interesting…Thanks for sharing this. Would like for you to keep sharing you success with all of us as we can continue to learn from each other. Your stats just prove the validity of what Darrell has developed. Keep up the good bro. Please keep sharing! :cool:

What you mentioned about the BMX really piqued my interest. I’d be honest to admit that I have yet to learn the BMX reverse trade yet. Its not that I don’t want to learn it. I just feel that learning the strategies that I am using now to the best of my ability is the logical thing to do first.

Once I get a hang of these then I’ll proceed to learning the BMX.

Either way BIG UPS and keep crushing it.

[quote=creed2001]Profit poppers have been my usual trade the last couple of weeks. I can’t trade everyday, and have missed some big moves on all markets. This works great in choppy markets.

I enter 3 ticks below/above the low/high of the P bar regardless of the MVP color and APEX color. Stops are tight, that why losses are usually small, one tick above high/below the low of the P bar. With the wide choppy markets the last couple weeks the profits have been big, 40+ ticks. Take profits are 1-2 ticks above/below the A. Another good thing about profit poppers, if they get into the BMX zone and don’t break, then you can take the BMX reverse trade the other direction.

I have made 12 trades with profit poppers and 8 of them have been winners.

The big loss was on CL today due to the Malaysian Airlines news.

Below are my last 12 profit popper trades in ticks.

TF Profit Popper 1, July 2 CL Profit Popper 66, July 2 NQ Profit Popper -10, July 7 TF Profit Popper 55, July 7 TF Profit Popper 24, July 14 CL Profit Popper 6, July 14 CL Profit Popper 19, July 16 CL Profit Popper -22, July 16 TF Profit Popper 3, July 16 CL Profit Popper -11, July 16 CL Profit Popper -29, July 17 TF Profit Popper 49, July 17

Chris R.[/quote]

I guess I should have worded that I usually take a profit popper when there is not a valid APEX entry. I usually take the profit popper when the MVP and APEX are opposite colors or when the MVP has been flipping back and forth… I take the valid APEX entry when there is one, because they will you much bigger profits.

The APEX system should give you plenty of trades throughout the day with all the different strategies available. Be patient, you will learn it.

That is the way to do it Creed. Choppy markets (invalid Apex (Trend trade) entries use the profit popper (that have some size to them of course).

Movemaker your doing great keep it up.