About the Institutional Order Prints category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

listed #3

Question…in the training and the webinar it was mentioned that there is an Institutional Reversal Setup, I think it was called, coming soon. Is that Rick Wyatt’s method? Is it something entirely different? Is it an actual system based off of OP, that uses OP for tight 4 tick entries and great R:R benefits? Etc. Just was not clear on that at the end. Thanks.

Just started learning order prints and have a question. How is it possible that sell contracts exceed buys yet the bar goes up?

I don’t get how sometimes an imbalance can be shown while the other side is higher. How can, for example, there be a buying imbalance marked green at say, for example, 100 contracts while there are, let’s say 200 sell contracts at the same price? There is no imbalance, but if there is, it seems to be on the sell side, not the buy?

Somewhere Darrell talked about this recently, basically made the point that prices don’t go up because there are more buyers than sellers, but because the sellers are no longer willing to sell unless the price is higher (if I remember correctly). Basically the point is that prices don’t go up and down depending on the ratio between buyers and sellers, they go up and down depending on the prices at which buyers and sellers are willing to make a trade.

That being said, when reading order prints a divergent balance (e.g. prices go up even though there were more sellers than buyers) can be a warning that the trend is running out of steam, in my observation.

Thanks a lot, Mike You wouldn’t happen to know the answer to my other question about how imbalances shown don’t always make sense. For example, there may be a green buy numeral, yet there are more sells than buys! Am I imagining what I saw, or is there an explanation for what seems to make no sense? Thanks

If you are talking about the imbalance at a certain level inside the bar, then yes–the way I read it it’s supposed to show when one side is significantly higher than the other. If you are seeing something inaccurate then it might be worth taking a screen shot and asking in the chat room. There are some settings for that part that might be relevant as well.

Mike, In S6 - Study - Apex Indicators, Institutional Order Prints, About the Institutional Order Prints Category, which explains Order Prints alphabetically, under Imbalances, in the picture of the chart on the left, the two examples of green buy imbalances shown by red squares show buys fewer than sells. Perhaps this is was a glitch that has gone unnoticed. Here’s a picture, https://www.screencast.com/t/ojSkfD74t9

Ah–good catch, it is shown right there in the example. Guess that’s a good question for the chat room, try to get Lori to answer it–she was very involved in the development of the indicator. You probably won’t catch her attention here very quickly.