Amazingly poor trading day / awareness and rules

Hi,

Sometimes looking back on our notes it is shocking just how terrible some of our decisions can be in the moment. I’ll post today as an example for you all. I was focusing on exploring the Elite OTM binary concept, and was pushing it, so I made bad trades. Now I’m down $120 on my account. In reviewing last night it is clear the rules are just so simple, so I jumped in live. I mean really, its easier than boomerangs to understand and I still threw the ball away. Emotions are a totally different story, showing demo is worth so much more than simply gaining a “technical” understanding.

First trade: MVP and Apex were contradicting Second trade: Strike selection issue - small apex so should have been ITM, regardless was too far OTM for regular rules regardless Third trade: Thinking at the time was “adding-in” assuming my strike was correct initially, aka continuation of mistake Fourth trade: MVP reversal, and I think BMX reversal too, entered spread long as called in room Fifth trade: MVP reversal after short apex entry confirmed, got out and cut my losses for the day

If any other mistakes can be found, please do let me know. I need some value out of my loss for the day, happy to know we can at least learn from it.

2014-05-06_1730 - Doppelrock’s library

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, THANK YOU for sharing. We are ALL better for it!

1 - yup mvp apex conflict no entry

2 and 3 - valid entries but should have been ITM

3 side note - even though ITM worked it was going right into -1 dev line … danger danger

4 BMX was there but it never triggered no entry should have been taken (not an mvp yet)

5 MVP reversal but it was at the end of the day - though we can get some big moves and I an see the reason one might take it if we had any kind of volume but there was not any volume on that MVP breakout bar or the one after it - not sayhing totally uncalled for but also i have never stated to do ATM trades nor have i tested at all doing MVP Reversals on binaries. If you find something is working let me know. I just recnetly taught how to do ITM and OTM on the binaries using APEX Elite MVP here: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/apex-elite-mvp-system-212/hourly-otm-itm-binaries-using-elite-mvp-1355.html

Hi Lorrin,

Thanks for the quick response. Also the strike choice info provided in the link is helpful.

1. yep
  2. and 3. - very good to know now, I’ll keep an eye out
    • Stephen and I were chatting about that, there was also flat predictor line - entries today on TF were all headed right into either -.5 or -1dd, which is great for head games (sarcasm)
  3. Stephen was calling for a reversal spread if it hit 1108.1, which it did hence my spread entry, though unclear as to rules here as you are not seeing either bmx reversal or mvp. I did see an MVP long arrow
  4. This is where I exited the long spread just mentioned as soon as I saw the short MVP arrow form, I did not go short here with a new contract and indeed called it a day as I agree about movement/time in regard to end of day, good to hear that confirmed.

Thanks,

Rob