Apex elite mvp trades this week

Hope all had a safe and fun 4th weekend, I think I learned from my stupid mistakes last week and have a profitable trade plan this week, even though im in sim still, I need to practice patience and discipline instead of chasing the market. Watched the course twice but still struggle with reversals or find myself saying why isn`t there an E printing here? Are there any NQ traders here that can share their trades?
I saw a post earlier referring to that but all the charts are YM. Here is an NQ temp if anyone likes it ltm. Thanks again, pips

Hey “needpips” it looks like your image is not showing. I would like to see what your talking about but the image is down.

Ok here ya go Move:

It looks to me that there was a valid APEX at about 7:20 AM on the 3rd. That move alone would have been a good one.

“I need to practice patience and discipline instead of chasing the market.”

One thing that you need to remember is that patience is a key characteristic that you will need to develop. Chasing is simply a result of not being patient enough.

“Watched the course twice but still struggle with reversals or find myself saying why isn`t there an E printing here?”

One thing I want to let you know is that anyone watch something but are they actually listing to what is being said? I highly recommend that you try not to watch the videos and then go trade. Try to watch the videos and take notes on “ENTRY Rules” of each trade. So in your chase you struggling with the reversal. So what I would do is go watch the reversal video and write down the exact entry and exit rules that Darrell gives. The next you are sitting in front of the charts and you see a potential set ups look over the rules to make sure the set up is accurate. Eventually you will have the entry rules memorized and it will be easy to identify proper entries.

Before I enter every trade I go over the entry rules and run through a mental checklist. If everything on the checklist is there I place the trade. If you know the rules it will save you a ton of headaches.

Another thing you stated which you must change is : “find myself saying why isn`t there an E printing here?”

I think your chasing comes from you trying to force the APEX system do something its not doing. There are a few moves that the APEX does not catch when I’m trading it. I think to myself man I wish I would have caught that move but I move on and don’t dwell on it. The thought of missing out on a move can kill you mentally. Learn to trust the system and let the Algo’s that Darrell has designed do their job.

Don’t try to see something that is not there. It will cause you to disregard the rules. I’m going on my 4th week studying APEX and 3rd week sim trading and I have doubled my $1500 in sim both times. After this week I am going live. This system works but you have to let it do what its designed to do.

I’m sure you know of the 80/20 rule. In this scenario I let the APEX Algo do 80% of the work which is computing and I do the 20% of the work which is entering the trade and managing it. Don’t try to figure the Algo out. I personally don’t question the APEX system. I trust it and follow the rules to trade it.

[b]Thanks for taking the time to respond.

[/b]

Great responses!

On the E

E will print after a P has printed so long as the high of the bar before it has been broken by 2 ticks.

A reversal apex will only print AFTER a APEX has been formed on the opposite side of the power line (last completed apex P (low on a ong) or (high on a short) This is a simplification of the rule but essentially that is what has to happen. The code is ridiculously long but just look at the apex pattern it does the same thing over and over and over again. You can get the general formation down really quick. There are a ton of little details and fringe cases that are all programmed in otherwise there would be like 70 rules (i used to draw this thing on teh charts every morning catch up the last 20 days - fun stuff) the program makes it very easy just focus on the simple rules. Master them add on a few markets and be patient and be disciplined. Learn things like deviation levels and volume and ranges (we discuss them some in the elite room - like today Stephen exited TF trade 95 ticks in after it hit the -1 dev level volume had flatlined and the market was not moving and we where approaching the end of day when reversals often happen). The market basically did nothing for the next hour and half so he saved himself some time of doing nothing and the market doing nothing. He would have been profitable on that trade regardless but this was just to lock in profits based on past experience. Dont underestimate the courses (meaning really write down the rules - you should know any system in about 5 simple short sentences or less off the top of your tongue. If you get past this you can then move on to backup relaxing and reading the markets and really learning :slight_smile: but you have to have the foundation of the system first.

Regarding wanting trades the system teachies you trend, swing and trend reversal entries (BMX MVP), scalp trades (momentum scalps, monetum breakouts), profit poppers etc… there are more than enough trades everyday if you learn the various systems on one chart.

Then add in other instruments

Spike strikers butterflies and more you will have more than enough trades to keep you busy.