Are IB's worth the trouble?

I’m seeing good short term success trading IB’s on forex pairs at low volume periods. I limit my pairs to those that are lowest expected moves between 3pm and 11pm ET. EUR/GBP, EUR/USD and sometimes GBP/USD if the pricing is right.

My technique isn’t anything new or revolutionary–enter at prices of 20-25/75-80 on each leg, stop loss at or just above strike price depending on the pairs’ behavior. Counting on thumbs it seems like this approach could give a much desired positive expectancy.

Over the last week I’ve had 6 wins and 0 losses–which is WAY TOO good IMO and makes me suspicious.

The question is–is this a technique that can work over the long haul? I see threads in this forum about it, but none of them have any recent activity (over 1 year). It makes me suspect the technique doesn’t work over long periods of time, and the participants have given up and moved on.

The strategy is still good used correctly. The Apex Expected Range indicator can help a lot when trying to decide what strikes to pick. People are still doing them, but taking a guess that they are more focused on learning SEES and Power Plays.

OK, an expected range indicator sounds like a great idea. I’ve been using a third party expected range web product. So far so good.

Seems like the longer TF setups work better than the hourly expirations, because the strikes are wider apart.

I’ve had a pretty difficult time accessing and using most of the Apex software products, including the chatroom, scanners, and S/L plugins. So I’ve kind of built my own techniques instead, which isn’t exactly ideal.

Until Sept. 13th, 2017 you can access all of the Apex tools including the Elite room and toolkit w/Expect Range and more for free*. Go through one of the training courses on the home page to get the link at the end of the course. No credit card required.

• some restrictions apply see offer on Apex Investing Institutes Home Page.

Thanks for the tip.