Bar Timer Taking SOOOO Long

Greetings,

Being new at this, I am now demo trading after having gone through the training videos. I now find that faced with the actual TC Charts, I find virtually no valid trades. The bar timer overwhelmingly exceeds the three min requirement. It is in the order of 30, 60, and 90 min. In fact in looking at my chart having a red line at the three min mark as is recommended, I find rarely any bars below the three min mark, no doubt because of the auto scale being on and so many bars significantly above the line. In looking around the forum, trying to sort this out, I found that this is not uncommon. However, in trying to take advantage of the day, and actually trade, some suggest, how shall I say this, “fudging” seems to be the term I will use in what I have found. It is a bit discouraging that after taking the time to go through the training, that you can either sit on the side waiting for a valid signal, either on method one or two, or “fudge”, yet no one comes out and tells you exactly how that is done, although one comment suggested using expected volume as an “alternate” to make use of. If there is an official alternate rules I could not find them, as a result, I do not know how to proceed. No doubt I missed something big time. But it seems that the bar timer looks to be a critical part of all the trades, both method one and two in trade setups.

Any advise would be appropriated. :confused:

You mentioned TC, but I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to trade. It would be helpful to know which Apex system you are using (Trend Catcher, Binaries, etc), and which market you are trying to trade. From there people can be of some help. For example I trade with Trend Catcher but do not use the bar timer or expected volume, keeping my charts as simple as possible. As you will soon discover Apex has something for just about everyone’s style of trading.

You might also wanna trade during New York session. market is more active during dis time.

Thank You for your prompt reply. I am a new essentials member trading the 5-min binary’s. I am using the system recommended for them as part of the essentials video training program prepared for these specific trading pairs. Which are these pairs, AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/JPY. I am set up and trying to trade these four that are available for this system, using the “binary TC 3tick” template, and having the above challenge. Thank You.

Hi scbradley72,

You can trade even if the bar timer exceeds three minutes, it would just have to be an ITM trade, and I usually do a quick $20 scalp. Everything else should match up though. There are also other ways that you can confirm that its a good trade or not such as the APEX pattern. Darrell made a great video called Trading 5 Minute Binaries at Night. Its very informative. I think he provided the link in another thread…good luck!

The charts are posted up in the elite room which you have access to as an essentials member.

The 5 minute binaries are up 23 hours a day. So if you want to verfiy if your chart is wrong just look at those.

Im not sure what you mean by exact or not and expected volume as an alternate. If I’m doing OTM i’m always using expected volume when it exceeds at the close. If its not moving at all well by all means take advantage of that time decay with an ITM binary.

There are plenty of bars that do not exceed 3 minutes:

Maybe post a screenshot of the chart next time so we can help you a bit faster ok.

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/how-share-charts-other-traders-230/how-capture-screen-images-share-them-forum-rooms-specific-simple-steps-432.html#.VTai6SHMNhF

If you want to see tips regarding 5 minute binaries all the post are located here: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/5-minute-binaries-358/#.VTakoiHMNhE

Note you can just do a butterfly and gobble up that time on both sides as well…

Just a thought…

Greetings Everyone, I would like to thank noobie58, bistoup, woodwright789, and of course darrell, for all of their input, and suggestions, and in particular, darrell’s screen shots and links. All have been helpful in helping me with my initial frustration and confusion as to how best to work out the issues. However, I have to say it may take some time to get through them all as I am already on information overload, and I find I have to continually resent all my mental circuit breakers as they seem to blow out on a regular basis of late. However, I will continue to move forward with this subject. Thanks Again.

It can be a lot as your learning a charting platform, a trading platform, and the options market in general. All those are a lot to learn. So when doing so make sure to stay focused don’t watch every webinar on every topic this will not help. There is years of content on this site from decades of study. its not disappearing tomorrow :slight_smile: Focus on one get it down ask questions post screenshots get in the pit and pst your trades good bad ugly call them all before and after results with screenshots so you can learn. Desire to be corrected and profit more than you desire to look good and lose. Get involved we will help :slight_smile: