Bitcoins

SO I was reading r/worldnews and there was a link discussing bitcoins so the link sent me to Business Insider. It read that Bitcoins went from $15 in January to $250 on 4/10, then Bitcoins fell from $266 to $150. This just got me wondering what do you guys think about this new virtual currency that was becoming more and more popular? what do you think about bitcoins vs paper money??

( I am not sure if this post belongs here, Sorry if it does not)

its all paper money…

money is really just what we agree to as something having a value that is easy to carry around so we don’t have to trade pigs and sheep…

all of it is fake unless there is some sort of real intrinisic value (like silver/gold can be used for electronics jewerlry etc…cattle can be used to feed you provide milk, make tools out of bones, make shelter out of hydes, energy can be used to power houses, cities, and autombiles) these are all things with intrinisc value - bitcoins and paper money are basically well worthless except for what we think they are worth mutually…but if no one likes bit coins tomorrow you have noting…no one likes cows well you have dinner for many months :slight_smile:

not sure how that helped but… basically its a game… its a fad…its growing…it will shrink… its not an investment

In this age it would seem wise to translate as much as you can from digital “wealth” and transfer it to material items that are useful in any end times scenario (good or bad). That would mean it items should have universal value like the things that Darrell described very well. It would also mean things that might be bartered for things of value. I also heard Darrell one time say that you should continue extract profits from your account. I started to think I wanted to build a very large account or series of accounts, but I think that is good advice not just because it could be missing one day but also because it needs to be “traded” for these types of things. Since we live in a digital world - esp in trading - you cannot avoid digital value - but you should keep “trading” for other items of value. I plan to keep profits stead and account size modest, and this forum is helping me do so.

I agree, Im not too big on bitcoins and since that flash crash I a very skeptical on new forms of currency. Hate paper money. Only real oney to myself are things that can actually hold their value. Such as, gold, silver, oil, etc etc

A good reason to avoid them read this

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/12/investing/bitcoin-bubble/index.html