Can I change currencies to a 4 minute tick chart?

If I change a currency to a 4 minute tick chart, will the Apex Elite system still work? Or does it have to remain the diagnostic bars with the suggested brick size?

I am asking because I have been following the USD/JPY and the EUR/USD for the past couple of days, and using the Diagnostic bars there is hardly any movement on the charts.

You can use time based bars, the apex system was originally developed on 5 minute bars, but it has been found to work better on diagnostic bar charts. Alternatively, you can use a smaller brick size down to 4 or even 3, but then you should change the Pattern indicator entry offset setting from 2 to 1 on brick sizes smaller than 6

Has that setting been tested to work?

Yes, Stephen heads up the Elite Room and is one of our go to guys for Elite. So i would use his recommended settings

Okay thanks…will test those settings out.

Make sure you test them out thoroughly you will get more apex’s but also more chop with smaller bars.

More Apex’s with smaller bars, but still valid signals correct?

“valid” in the sense of it meets the entry criteria - valid in the sense of big trends not as much do to apex changing - and valid as in more wins - would have to test on that market