Can I Modify One Rule On The 20 and 5 Minute Binaries?

After following the rules i get in when the high or low is broken on confirmation, but i get these trades i get hosed on.

It usually happens when it breaks the high or low, i get in and the bar closes in the opposite direction of the trade.

So my question is; can i just wait until the bar closes in the same direction of the confirmation arrows?

I’ve been trading 20 minute binaries the majority of the time.

2015-03-13_1146 - dgaubatz313’s library http://screencast.com/t/idTyS5Hjq

dgaubatz313, Unfortunately I can’t help you with your question, but I am hoping you can help with mine. I know there are 2 settings that are suppose to be different when trading either 5 min or 20 min binary options. Would you be kind enough to share with me what they are. I saw it somewhere today in one of the forums, but can no longer find it. Thanks very much for your help. (example; i think one of them was changing the bar timer?)

When trading the 5 minutes, the bar size is 3 ticks, for the 20’s the bar size is 6 ticks. When trading the 5 minutes the Expected Range Period is set to 5 minutes and for the 20’s it is set to 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

JC

JC is right.

I might start trying 10 tick bar sizes now though, because i just noticed yesterday that the 5 min strike widths are 3 ticks which also happens to be the bar sizes for the 5 minute binaries. The 20 min strike widths i think were 5 ticks for the es, 9 ticks for one, 10 ticks and 12 ticks.

Too many times it would go in my direction several bars and not hit my $20 take profit so i thought of changing the bar size, then noticed the strike widths.

I’ll let people know if i did better with 10 tick bar sizes on Friday or sooner.

The 20 minute binaries width is different depending on time of day and instrument.

10 ticks may work or may be to slow. I have not tried it.

Note 3 ticks is from open to close with the 50% open a bar Its not 3 ticks below the low.

Also remember to chane your high to low expected range to 20 minutes.

Also if you have a problem with flips try the in between flips Trades.

I was in a 5 min binary trade and lost, but right when it expired BAMMM 30 ticks in my favor in literally ONE second. even nadex was caught off guard because there were no contracts for the next 5 minutes lol

They dont list 5 min binaries on the top of the hour you have to look at intadays for them top of hour.

I don’t remember what time it was, but i was using the scanner so it would have showed the top of the hour contracts.

I just seen your response to me in the forum yesterday and it seems like you’re given me hints :wink: to take the in-between trades so yesterday i took a few and i liked them… they happen a lot quicker when they win. Just 3 so far though.

Cool keep it up. Many traders like the in betweens better than the flips.

Does it matter if the cyan arrow took more than 3 minutes with the in-between trades?

I need help i lose majority of my trades and there is a lot of people winning majority so i must be doing something wrong. This isn’t about me losing but the picture is about trades i stayed out of.

2015-03-20_1155 - dgaubatz313’s library http://www.screencast.com/t/2GN8nriactG

The cyan arrow does not mean dont enter a trade it simply means be ready for a potential trade in that direction.

There are a lot of in between flip/continuation winning trades.on that chart. Many people like the continuations better. Also make sure to set that quick profit.

I was wondering about the Cyan on 20’s too, meaning, does the same 3 min rule apply ? I am thinking it does, as it indicates (usually) lack of enough activity to make the market move in the direction…

Yes the 3 minute rule still applies.

You want to see volume as well.

See this thread with some tips.

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/trend-catcher-settings-questions-futures-forex-stocks-360/any-night-time-only-traders-having-success-tc-2998-page2.html

what should the bar timer be set at for 20min binarys?

Same draw line at 3 minutes