Can you use APEX signals on a weekly like APPL?

Can you use the APEX signals for a longer period (like a weekly chart on Apple?)

The reason I ask is I would need to tie up > then $25K in a cash account if I day traded a stock like Apple (day trader patten rule).

Can you set the bars to like a daily and wait for entry on a daily chart?

Willy - the bars are built on tick data, not time data. It removes time from the equation.

I used to be a stock day trader, as did many others here. I wanted to find a way to day trade without the 25k restriction. I started trading NADEX. Then I stumbled on APEX. I would NEVER NEVER go back. You can trade the indices, commodities and FX all on NADEX without the massive outlay. For example, the largest spread is 500 ticks which is $500. You can trade multiple contracts on the spreads and the binaries. You could also trade futures at AMP (search forum for info)with the APEX pattern.

I will tell you the two largest positives for the APEX pattern are:

1. Assuming you learn and follow the rules, the system works. PERIOD.
  2. There is no stress in trading because you KNOW that there will always be another trade. With proper risk management, you will be able to take it.

If you want to trade stocks (on a day trade basis, subject to restriction) Darrell will help you figure out what size bar works best for the instrument you want to trade.

Anyway, my 2 cents, hope it helps, Brad

Thanks Brad, Ya, maybe I can look for patterns going into the close if I want to trade a stock…

You can use the apex pattern/bars on any instrument. You can set the bars to a larger tick size. In fact on something like aapl you would have to. I believe the last time i traded aapl i used 100 ticks. You can also use the bar sizer indicator to help there is a large, medium and small.

You could go even larger but the apex will turn slower and less trades. You can definitely experiment with this.

But the next question is it sounds like you want to day trade but due to the 25k required to be a stock day trader you can’t right now.

You would be better off trading on Nadex giving you the freedom to day trade, with capped risk, massive leverage, and no account size requirements (well $100 to open an account but thats it)

yes I use my NADEX account. I have been trading Apple (and the techs) for years so thats what I am used to. I could tie up 25k in a stock account but it seems stupid to do so just so you can avoid the day trader patten rule. I have been in a stock and couldn’t get out because I would have gone over my 4 trades per day and that ****ed…

you can always hedge it with options if stuck and can’t get out - just an idea - DITM PUT for example would basically put the P/L on lockdown