Cost Breakdown

Darrell, I listen to your radio show on TFNN every day. You have said much about how you go about reading charts. I have been confused and conflicted about some of what you have said about chart reading. You have talked about 1-minute charts, tick charts, moving averages, Renko bars, and on and on.

For instance, on today’s show you mentioned that you like to use tick charts, so this afternoon in my demo account I entered an expiration trade based on what I was seeing on the tick chart. The market turned right away after I entered my trade and I got spanked really hard. Thank goodness it was only demo dollars that I lost.

Is there a video tutorial or Webinar on the Apex site about how you read the charts? If there isn’t one, it would be fantastic for us relative newbies if you would create one. Or post a chart reading tutorial here in the forum if there isn’t one already that I just haven’t seen.

I really love what you are doing with Apex and TFNN. It’s a tremendous service for us Nadex traders.

Thanks.

I don’t ever use tick charts - i use diagnostic bars (which are a hybrid of renko/tick/range bars). TFNN is private labeled so i can’t go into the Apex stuff on the radio show.

Just having a type of chart is not a system its just a chart you ahve to have defined entries, stops, trailing stops all planned out before you hit a button that is not based on your interpretation of the chart but rules that you will follow based on a system. Not knowing your system or what your chart looked like or how you pick your nadex trades i can’t really address the trade.

Good news though - there are dozens if not a hundred hours of tutorials on how i read charts on this site :slight_smile:

I use the Apex Elite trading method. But i had a 2.5 hour webinar this morning where i went into it in detail. Just check out Thursday AM webinars 2 (under webinar recordings - under educatin) I cover reviews on the Apex Elite method. Also signup for the Apex Elite Free trial get access to diagnostic bars the apex method training and live trade room on how i read charts.

The free trial subscription link can be found in the elite menu at the top of the page or on the home page.

Greetings,

Enjoying my second week with the free trial. Have watched alot of the videos but must have information overload. I mainly will trade currencies, oil and gold. My free trial with the iq feed is expiring tomorrow. I also got a message from the Ninja trader guy and says that with a funded account of 500 i can get the data feeds included. Will this be enough to trade the above instruments or will i also need the iq feed?

I am looking froward to starting my subscription with you upon my trial expiration. I have enjoyed watching Brian and others trade in the room and am excited to start trading with nadex as i have funded my account.

I have some experience with forex but like the apex system and looking forward to trading it.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Not sure what ninjarep you mean - maybe you mean AMP rep? The only rep we use is Justin.

I believe you are mixing up ninja/amp/iqfeed etc…

NTB/CQG is where you get the data feed - just fill in the form every 3 weeks to get a new AMP/CQG login for futures

home - start here - step 4 - get free futures data

to no longer have to fill it out every 3 weeks you can fund it

For forex, broad market index, and cboe volatlity indices you use IQFeed - which is 68 a month (discounted for free forex) + 5 for cboe indices

If you don’t want broad market index or cboe volatility indices - you can use another fx broker like ampfutures or global - see home - start here - step 4 get free forex data - but the data is MUCH MUCH slower to load is not true ECN data like iqfeed that is non-filtered - its worth it - as only a trader or two will pay for it but you can choose gain fx data feed through apexfutures/globalfutures if you want - global futures will give you 1 3 week trial - apexfutures will give you 1 trial for 3 weeks for every unique email - basically just use a new gmail to get another 3 weeks - or open a account with $500 for a forex account and get the data free - i personally use the iqfeed data feed but up to you