CQG connection issues- Says connecting but never does (I mean never)

Hello all,

I have been stalking APEX for a couple of months now and have watched HOURS upon HOURS of webinars, strategy videos, etc. I have decided to try my hand trading Nadex using the Apex indicators. I have had extreme difficulty in getting the CQG connection running.

As it has been said many times in the video it must be connected first. I followed the steps listed and when attempting to connect it will say connecting and nothing happens. It does not time out. It does not have an error pop up.

I tried it adding the connection as CQG and using the NT Continuum as provider. I have added another connection and used CQG as provider. I have not selected “auto start” ever as it is clear this is not to be done.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled NT at least 7 times when I tried getting futures data through AMP and changed the license key. This has been changed back to the initial key from NT and my connections are no longer hidden.

I have emailed Ninja Trader to see what is going on. By the way the FXCM data feed will connect nearly instantly so that would remove internet connection from the equation.

After emailing support I have had a couple of replies. When I provided them the config file they said they tested it and it worked on their end. They asked me to reboot the modem, computer, router and try again. It has been attempting to connect for literally 80 minutes just to see if it would time out.

Am I able to use AMP as a primary CQG provider? (and not enter the AMP license key) Is there any other step you can see I am missing?

I would really like to give the Elite membership a try and it looks like Ninja Trader must be used in order to do that. This has been the focus of my attention for the last 3 evenings. CQG connection - Yes I am serious.

I don’t know if I have stumped them at NT or ? I was in contact back and forth by email and then “poof”. I posted on their forum and the same guy who quit responding to my email replied requesting the config file. (Step 1)

He asked that I not open a new thread if we are communicating via email. Fair enough but you would think replying to an email that is unresolved would be more important than scolding me for reaching out to someone else.

I really want this to work and I have no issue paying for all of these services if they prove to be valuable. I would like to actually see it work at some point. If any of you can assist I would appreciate it.

Happy Trading,

Scott

PS: Thanks for all of the informative videos. I learned how to trade binaries as a result of you posting them and I appreciate it.

Scott, Are you still having these issues? Yesterday I released a new updated training course on installing Ninja trader as well as new links and process for getting data for futures. You may want to try those steps to see if it helps you. There is also a new version of Ninja Trader 7 that is avail now for download when you follow the steps, and no longer any user license to input.

I would start clean. Uninstall Ninja completely from your computer. Also go into your documents and delete all Ninja files. Even after you uninstall the program from yoru control panel, there can still be files under the “Documents” section. Wipe it completely, then follow the steps in the new video series. If it still is an issue please submit a ticket to the Apex Helpdesk

Hello there @skeltonmark

Thank you for your reply. I am still having the issue on my computer. An associate from NT was able to remote in and for some reason the CQG would not connect. Ping speeds were tested and it was blocked on a few hops. FXCM was tested and working with pings somewhat high at 65-130. We tried it wireless, then LAN cable into the router and finally into the modem direct. He tested the config file and it worked on his test environment.

He disabled my malwarebytes and antivirus software and it did not resolve the issue. He told me he had exhausted what he knew to test. I wasn’t sure if IQ Feed was just as good as CQG with NT Contiuum as the provider. I paid for a sub to IQ Feed to try it out. Still having issues on my computer.

The good news is I am able to run it on my wifes laptop without issue. CQG connects immediately as does FXCM, and IQ Feed. The bad news is it’s on my wife’s laptop. Haha

I did uninstall and reinstall the NT platform several times along the way. (7 times actually) I may reformat my computer if it comes to it. I hate to do that as it takes a week or so to get it settled in afterwards. Do you know of any specific programs that are known to cause a conflict in getting out to the CQG servers? Firewall is off, AV is off and Malware is off.

I know this is wordy but it has certainly stumped me and it did the NT associate as well. Thanks again.

Scott