Data Feed Issue

1. In setting up the free Futures feed for Ninjatrader, I got this message:

From: [email protected] Thank you for your interest in a free real-time futures data trial. Data trials are limited and you have exceeded your allowance. Please contact your broker if you have any questions. This is a system generated message, so any replies will not be received.

Problem is that I never applied before that point. How should I deal with this? (Someone previously responded to this as part of another post, but I thought I should ask it here.)

1. Is there another free Futures feed that can be used in place of Continuum/CQG?

2. If the Futures feed is needed to run the Forex feed, what happens if I only use the Forex feed?

3. If I’m only using the Deviation tools (not an Elite Member), are either of the feeds needed? Which one(s)?

You may need to use a temporary email…like https://www.guerrillamail.com

How does it work?

You may have applied for a data trial at the same time you first signed up for Apex and just forgot about it.

There probably is… but Continuum/CQG is just the easiest since its what is shown in the training video. Great for when I am having one of my “duh” days :slight_smile:

The link that Blackadder posted was to a temporary throwaway email service. Basically it just creates a spam free mail account that you can use over and over again to sign up for 2 week trials, without going through all the steps to keep making random Gmail/Yahoo ones over and over. (Although in the long run it is strongly advised to open a real funded account with NinjaTrader) You are basically signing up for the “demo” version of the the charting stuff. And there are times where it is treated as such… Although rarely.

With a live account, you never have to worry about them taking things offline for testing or such.

As far as I can tell… if you are using NinjaTrader for ONLY Deviation Levels and just for Forex, then no, you dont need a Futures feed.

Trading anything else or if you become an Elite Member WILL require a Futures feed (since the indicators work off Futures info)

Inside NinjaTrader, I have the Forex feed. I’ll try again with the Futures feed.

Concerning the Deviation tools (inside the Apex Toolkit), do I need any feed to run them?

Specifically, do I need any feed to run Futures (like Oil/Gas) and Forex, if I’m only using the Deviation tools?

If you arent running a data feed, either no information will show up on the chart or if the chart is preloaded, then you will have old data on display.

So yes, you will need a Futures data feed when getting the most up to date information for Indices and Commodities and then a Forex feed for Currencies.

What charting software are you going to use to trade??? You will need to make sure that its connected to a real-time data feed as well… Or that will cause a lot of issues.

I’m looking for direct answers to my specific questions.

Previous questions: Concerning the “Deviation” tools (inside the Apex Toolkit), do I need any feed to run them? Specifically, do I need any feed to run Futures (like Oil/Gas) and Forex, if I’m only using the “Deviation” tools?

Additional question: Is there any other way to view Deviation Charts?

If you are not running a data feed then your charts will have NO information on them if they are brand new.

With Ninjatrader you can save “Workspaces” and have charts already preloaded. If you are not connected to a data feed in that case, then the information on the chart will be out dated and wrong.

If you are trading Oil/Gas then you will need to be connected to a Futures Data feed

If you are trading Forex then you will need to be connected to a Forex Data Feed.

This only applies when using Just the Deviation levels.

Since the Toolkit only works with NinjaTrader, there is no other way to view the levels

If that still doesnt make sense, let me know and I will try and get someone who might be able to explain it in another way.

The reason why I kept asking was because you stated something earlier that said:

I wanted to make sure this was correct.

At the moment, I don’t have the Futures feed. I was concerned that if this feed was unattainable over the long term, then I would have to rely on the Forex feed for Forex contracts.

Overall, both feeds are needed. I’ll try the email method that was mentioned earlier. Otherwise, I pretty much have my answers.

Thanks.

Here is an absolute basic AUD/CAD chart with just the deviation levels for it.

All it needed was an active Forex Data Feed… so no it does not need the Futures feed for just the Deviation levels on it.

I had never tried just using the forex feed for deviation levels until your question the other day

But yeah, it will just be easier to have both feeds active even if you are just using the deviation levels.

I had done the email method for the Futures Data for about 2 years, so let me know if you have any issues with that.

Visuals always help. Now, I’ll go to the Apex Indicators on this Forum to better understand what I’m seeing.

Also, I’ll try the email method to see what happens.

Thanks for helping me.