Did Anyone Catch This Move?

About a week or so ago on this thread: Only 1 APEX This Week? “http://apexinvesting.net/forum/apex-elite-mvp-system-q-212/only-1-apex-crude-so-far-week-1589.html#.U6nl0fldV8E” there were a lot of things that were discussed as far as getting the most probabale trades out of the APEX MVP Entry ALONE.

The conclusion that I had drawn was that monitoring one market in search of the APEX MVP Entry would have only given you one trade if you were just looking at the CL. So later on in the thread it was discussed that monitoring other “non correlated” markets will also give you more potential set ups. I must also give credit to “Brad (dca78_00)” as he was the first to recommend that. And the fact that it was confirmed outside of his knowledge by Darrell on the thread above proves that its a fact. Successful people have patterns…

But I digress…

So this week I decided to monitor 3 non correlated markets that Darrell shared in the thread listed above. I also had the deviation levels indicator up so I could monitor what would happen to price as it came near certain deviation levels.

Monday: June 23, 2014

GC: No APEX TF: No APEX CL: Multiple APEX’s (Note that some of the that were formed on Monday were small moves and some may have even been small losses.)

Tuesday: June 24, 2014

GC: No APEX TF: Multiple APEX’s & 1 Elite MVP Reversal CL: 1 APEX (This one APEX happened between 4:10 AM - 7:30) Unless some of you are early birds you would not have caught that move.

So its been 2 days so far and there have obviously been a few APEX’s this week for sure. Most of the APEX’s that happened on Monday in the CL were small moves. But that does not matter because the move that took place today on the TF trumped them all.

Take a look at this TF chart to see what I’m saying.:o

TF Chart

BIG TF MOVE - TradeNumberz’s library

Deviation Levels

TF Deviation Levels 6-23 - TradeNumberz’s library

I understand the basics of Deviation but not on the same level as professor Darrell but I will get there soon enough. I know they are not S/R (Sup & Res) or F/P (Floor Pivot) but that’s how I understand them at the moment and its obvious that something was going on at these levels.

If one would have traded the TF today you would have had a very profitable day. But I decided to write this thread to prove that the hypothesis that of monitoring “non correlated” markets has proven to be efficient so far and is indeed a fact. Darrell himself stated that he monitors a lot markets and has many monitors to do so.

So the conclusion that I am drawing from this observation is that if one wants to have a greater potential for more APEX MVP Entries you may want to monitor multiple “non correlated” markets.If 2 pro traders draw the same conclusion outside of speaking to each other and an up and coming trader who’s making good progress makes a similar remarks and then its proven in the markets a few days later this to me is to much evidence to deny this suggestion.

To be quite honest with you the move that the TF made today would make me one happy camper for the week. Even on 1 contract! I would like to know if some of you caught this move today?!

If some of you are wanting more APEX MVP set ups in particular. I recommend that you watch “non correlated” markets and I’m sure you will have some entries. But please only do this after you have learned the entry rules and have a good understanding of them.

You set yourself up for confusion and frustration if you don’t understand the entry rules.

Take Care!

Good observations. However, I am going to challenge you the Apex Elite system is not just A.P.E.X. pattern entry trades and add ons. Its MVP reversals, BMX reversals, Profit Poppers, Momentum Scalps, Momentum Breakout Trades etc… You need to be able to adapt to multiple market conditions swing, choppy, flat, trending etc… and that is why the Apex System has multiple methods of entry on the exact same chart. Limiting yourself to just one method is really cutting off a lot of what is there each day that you can take advantage of. Sometimes markets may go flat for a while… you never know so you need to be able to adapt and not have just one play in your playbook :slight_smile:

Agreed master the rules before adding more markets. But its not as hard as people make it. Green letter, green mvp line, 3 ticks above E enter, stop 5 ticks below low of p, trail with MVP, tighten to predictor line if near a deviation high/low, don’t enter when close to a deviation high/low. That’s it. Should not take long to master at all.

Get it down add on other instruments. Or better yet add on other Apex Elite trade entries.

Great job on using the smaller brick sizes. A reminder to all: don’t forget TF had plenty of Apex’s remember lower volatile markets drop that tick size. Watch the how to size your bars course. Note how we list 6 ticks bars on the diagnostic bar size.

hint hint - you can do this on oil gc etc… as well just make sure to review it first as taught in how to determine the bar size video sometimes larger actually works better…

Note: Oil had massive profits on Monday so not sure what you mean by small moves might need to recheck your chart on that one.

Also remember: If there are no Apex entries that means the system is doing its job as it is filtering out chop versus trend…this is the case a majority of the time when there are no entries. Money in your pocket is money you an come back to the markets with tomorrow. Patience is a true virtue of a consistently profitable trader. Many trader are so into trends…then they complain as they keep getting chopped…but when the chop is filterd out they realize there are less trends and then waht more trades leading to a dangerous cycle (system changing etc…) your taking the right approach adding more instruments and as stated add more entry methods as included in the apex elite method as well.

Deviation levels are support/resistance levels and floor/pivot levels. They are just based on expected movement in options pricing so that is why they are spot on day after day after day. Other S/R Fib Pivot etc… levels are just calculations of past price movement.

While I do accept your challenge I think the best thing for me to do at the moment is is stick with the A.P.E.X entries. I would like to make sure that I have this particular strategy mastered to the best of my ability before I move on. And in all honesty I have been getting slaughtered with the Momentum Scalps. Those trades have just not worked out for me for some reason. I’m a bit confused at times because sometimes the Expected Volume may change after I have been alerted that a certain instrument has exceeded expected volume.

Now I know there are ton of Momentum Scalps so I am going to have learn them soon enough. But at the moment I feel fine with A.P.E.X & Elite MVP Reversals. So far I have 2 strategies in my arsenal, not just one.

These past two weeks have taught me the valuable lesson of patience. But monitoring multiple instruments has given me a good amount of trades for the week and I am completely satisfied with that. Monitoring non correlated markets has given me way more opportunities than just watching one instrument.

There have been a lot of opportunities this week for the A.P.E.X and MVP Reversal. And as instructed in the training, you advised that we learn the 3 strategies and then add on more trade entries and strategies. And out of those 3 I have grown to love 2 of them. But there is one trade that I am wanting to learn. And that is the “Spike Striker”. I’ve read up on it in the forum but being more of a visual learner a training on that would be awesome.

Quite honestly I believe in the philosophy of mastering a few things and repeating the process over and over again.Rather than being the QB I prefer to be the Field Goal Kicker. A QB has tons of plays to call against certain defenses. But the FGK is designed to do one thing and that is kick FG’s. Yes the conditions he kicks the ball in may differ but his job is to do one thing and specializes in that one thing. And that’s how I view trading. Learn a few set ups and master them to the best of my ability.

I know there are times that the market wont move but I know it wont be like that forever and that I will have to practice a bit of patience. Last week taught me a lot about that. But I have to remember that I was just watching CL. This non correlation has given me a new perspective.

In regards to your statement : “Sometimes markets may go flat for a while.” How long is a while? Are you saying that weeks and months go by without a single A.P.E.X or Elite MVP Reversal?

You would be a rare one telling me this about momentum scalps. First i have heard you have had an issue on them. Need to get some more details …if it gets the point of “slaughtered” you have not been sharing enough along the way.

The alert counts if its above it after the close so I’m not sure why your confused it just giving you a heads up. It resets every 4 minutes as explained on videos etc… However, we are upgrading the indicator next week to have a rolling 4 minutes which has some pretty cool features on it with a “Potential Alert” and then a final alert once exceeded so that may help with the confusion. But either way it only matters if it exceeds at the end - why - because it has to break the high when its exceeded at the end and you can’t break a high of a bar till the bar is closed as the high can’t be broken by the next bar till the current bar is closed that had the exceeding volume. So not sure on the confusion. But if confused ask don’t just press forward ask :slight_smile:

A.P.E.X. entries should be masterable in minutes

color of letter and color of mvp match - (both green) buy 3 ticks above high of e - (if long) stop 5 ticks below p - (or -both red- sell 3 ticks below low of E (if short) stop 5 ticks above high of the P bar ) trail with mvp line (don’t tighten just because mvp flips just leave it till hit or flips back)- tighten to predictor arrows if nearing a deviation level (high to low) - don’t enter or at the every least be cautious at least of entering a trade close to a deviation level (high to low) -

That is literally the A.P.E.X. entries strategy thats it don’t make it harder than it is :slight_smile:

Im afraid your missing the point on ghe quarterback and the field goal kicker. Your still the quarterbak in that scenario your the one holding the ball for the kicker. A kicker is one play and if you do one play well you miss out on all the other plays and you can only take advantage of one thing and that means that you wont have the other opportunities to make profits and cover losses. Its like a team never scoring. If they get the ball they do a field goal. 90 yards away 10 yards away not a good plan. Your the quarterback like it or not. The question is how many plays will you choose to have at your disposal so you can trade in all market conditions. APEX and MVP are both trend trading strategies. MVP Scalpers are amazing I have traders making $1,000’s each week on them so yeah you want to figure out that gap not just move on but figure it out and ask some questions.

No body can define a whle the market is going to do what the market is going to do. I don’t expect it do be flat i don’t expect it to trend. I expect to trade my plan which can take advantage of either. The more plays at my disposal the less I am “worried” about what the other team is going to bring my way as I have a plan for any market condition any play they bring at me i have a tounter plan for them. Multiple markets will definetely help a lot as you ahve seen. Patience is vital. And adding plays to take advantage of various conditions is as well.

You have your Volume based trades (momentum scalper, monentum breakout scalp, spike striker, boomerangs), you have your trend trades (Apex Elite MVP entries add ons, mvp reversals, bmx reversals, MVP trades), and you have your flat market trades ITM binaries adn spreads, iron butterflies and iron condors. That will cover a choppy volume driven market, swing market, trend market, and flat marekt, whatever it is your covered with this line up.

“That is literally the A.P.E.X. entries strategy thats it don’t make it harder than it is.”

I think you may have mistaken what I said. I have no problems with the A.P.E.X entries. It’s just the “momentum scalps” that I am having trouble with. I am only doing as instructed in the course. I clearly remember in the course that you tell us to learn 3 strategies. And after we have learned and mastered those 3 strategies then we move to learn the add ons. That is exactly what I am doing. I am following instructions. Out of the the 3 trades you tell us to learn in the training I have learned 2 of them. The last on the which is “momentum scalps” is the one I am having problems with.

Not to be rude or anything but I don’t have any struggles with the other 2 set ups that you teach so I’m trying to figure out how I’m making them harder then I need to when I have no problems with those entries. The only trade that I have a problem with is “momentum scalps”.

In regards to the football statement I would to say that each player has a role. And if my role is to come on the field and kick field goals and punts I am completely fine with that. As I have been reading a few books and developing as a beginner trader one thing I have learned is I have to find what suits me. I know as a professional you have my best intrest at heart. And you clearly see things that I don’t but I also know that I have to roll with what psychologically suits me.

And I am also very big on following rules. And you instructed that if we are new to this which I am then we stick with 3 strategies. And I am only lacking on one. I’ll make it my initiative next week to get help on it this particular strategy. But at the moment if I were to stop now and only have APEX MVP , MVP Reversal. I’d be content! :wink:

Please don’t take anything that I am saying here personal or me not regarding wisdom from superiors. Thats not the case. I take in wisdom but I always gravitate to what naturally suits me. And those 2 strategies have done just that. They suit my personality and trading style. But there is one strategy that I would like to learn and this is the Spike Striker.

Any chance of you doing a tutorial video on that particular strategy?

The spike striker course has been uploaded to help you on this :slight_smile:

Also we have updated the expected volume indicator now which should hlep you greatly on momentum scalps (See the updates under the indicator in study - apex - expected volume.

Thanks a lot! I took a look at them over the weekend but will be doing a more intense study tonight. Thanks for creating the videos for us!