Do I need futures data feed to trade Nadex Forex spreads?

For Nadex forex spreads, do I need future Forex (data) for the charts? I’m confused about this because I was told by FXCM that their MT4 forex data feed is from FX spot but the data feeds are current spot data/price. And you also mentioned this one of your replies also. However, NinjaTrader I believe gets their Forex data from FXCM. So, what does it mean that I need futures (data) Forex for Forex charts? Where can I get futures Forex data? I would greatly appreciate if you can clear up my confusion.

To trade the systems at APEX you DO need futures data. The indicators at APEX pulls futures volume to instead of spot forex volume. You can get futures forex data by simply applying for the free futures demo account through ninjatrader.

Yes to get proper data and use all the Apex tools for Forex spreads you would need both futures and forex data feeds. You can follow the steps here in order to get both all set up : http://apexinvesting.net/setting-up-ninja-trader/

I want to thank all of you for your info. So, is my understanding correct?

1. Since I have already installed NinjaTrader with Futures and FXCM Forex data feeds, I will automatically get Futures Forex data. I can use that to do chart analysis and trade Nadex Forex spreads.

2. Even if I don’t use Apex tools right now, the Forex data from NinjaTrader will be Futures Forex.

3. Finally, future Forex data is only used for volume analysis by the Indicators in the Apex tools.

And one more question, is Futures Forex data necessary to trade Nadex forex spreads? Can I use Spot forex data to trade Nadex forex spreads?

Sorry for all these questions, I’m a newbie and this site is so great and helpful.