Drawing a blank again with the Straddle vs IC setup spreadsheet

Did I do this right?

I have NOT entered into any trades… the prices were just there to get an idea

Thanks

Turns out I would have been in a bad trade anyways. With that huge drop that the pound took… I still would have had a loss for the trade (according to demo) :disappointed_relieved:

Back to directional trading on Monday I go!

The spreadsheet looks fine to me. But, i am new with it,too.

You have everything entered correctly. Ideally when you enter these trades price is as close to the center as possible.

Thanks again for the help.

I am thinking that the fact that the bid/ask price spread was a miserable 60 pips per each spread didnt help at all either.

So, click on the copy icon for the buy. Place it in the buy box for the straddle… When you also do that for the sell, the IC will fill in.

I will just keep practicing with demo money… NFP days are good ones to work with :smirk:

Where do you see bid/offer spreads of 60 pips. Bid offer spread is not the difference between 2 contracts. Its the difference between the bid and offer on the same contract.

Sorry, that is what I meant.

If I filled this out correctly, I would be risking $212 for a possible $36 (for a straddle)… I think the one at open on Thursday had an even lower profit potential. So I was worried that I had enter the info wrong, and I was just thinking that there is hardly any profit in these trades because I am already down $60 for each spread.

Needless to say, this would not be an ideal straddle trade