ES or YM best for scalping NADEX spreads

Hi all,

I am currently struggling with deciding which index to focus on for market open time frame directional scalps. ES seems to have an easier time generating 0 proximity 0 premium daily spreads right before market open while YM doesn’t generate favorable spread proximity until after the market moves in the direction I want (but by then its too late). I’m shooting for 15-20 tick scalps or slightly more depending on market conditions. I like to get in right before market open and close after I hit my target. The plus of YM is it seems to move more ticks than ES, meaning easier time hitting my tick targets. Am I understanding this right? Anybody else have experience trading ES & YM directionally with NADEX spreads and prefer one over the other? Thanks!

@skeltonmark @ronin50 @MATRIXBINARY373

For some reason I always thought the Nadex ES Spreads ticked slower than the indicative ( but apparently its like the NQ spreads and tick faster) (of course If I am wrong, please correct me)

So there is more of a chance of dealing with premium with ES in that case. However, since its nowhere near as volatile as NQ, premium shouldn’t be as big as an issue.

But for thinking that the market ticked slower… I have never traded ES.

I would agree with YM moving a lot more than ES and creating more opportunities. Also since YM spreads are $1 per 1 tick, that can sometimes be a bit easier to trade than NQ. As you can mirror the actual market in tick stops

The initial bid/ask spreads look fairly similar for ES and YM . With $4-5 for ES and $6-7 for YM.

Since Ive never traded ES… I cant really say if you would fare better with it than YM or vice versa… :-/

Sorry