FXCM login email

So I started my 2 weeks trial with Apex yesterday. While I was setting up Ninjatrader and getting the free live data for Futures and Forex, I’m stuck at receiving the email from FXCM.

Received the login email and pass for Futures and set it up successfully the whole ‘Continuum’ in NT7. But even after 3 tries, and waiting for more than an hour, there is no email from FXCM with a login and password. Wrote them as well but checking if someone here can help me out with this. Maybe I should call them or something.

Yesterday, as in Friday afternoon?

Yes. Oh that’s what it is? Needs to be between trading hours?

More than likely that is the reason you havent been sent a login.

A lot of time Ninja Trader, FXCM, etc etc will do a lot of maintenance over the weekend. So I guess it can only be done during trading hours.

I would try again closer to 5pm EST on Sunday with FXCM, to see if you are still having issues.

I am not sure how long the FXCM demo login lasts, but I know with NinjaTrader, you will have to renew it every 2 weeks. I find it easier to do that on a Thursday before all the stuff for the weekend starts on Friday.

That helps. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Thank you so much for your prompt reply! You’re awesome!

I’m on my second FXCM demo account. The first one cut me off because I didn’t logon for quite sometime. I have had the second one for a good while now; as long as you logon every now and then, it seems to last indefinitely.

Sweet. Thanks Robert!

@ Divine. You are welcome… Best of luck with your demo trial :upside_down:

@ Rob - Thanks for the clarification

So wait, I can use the same email every 2 weeks or something? Saw another post on here that says we need to make a deposit to continuously get Forex and Futures data without any worries. But that was a really old post so maybe things have changed now. It’s tricky to know what’s recent and what isn’t.

You can just use a temporary email to get a new Ninjatrader login every 2 weeks

https://10minutemail.net/has been what Ive been using,

I see. So just to be clear, I can use a new temporary email every 2 weeks to use apex charts and indicators on NT7 and it won’t be have any impact on my use of the Apex scanner or my Nadex account right? Just making sure they’re separate and not connected.

Correct… wont impact your Nadex account or the use of the Apex scanner in any way.

And as long as you have an active subscription, all of the Apex indicators will be available

Totally separate.

Awesome! I guess I just chose a wrong day to sign up for the Apex membership. Should’ve waited until Monday. Oh well. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help. So happy to have access to this community here. Hope you catch a lot of pips/ticks this week!

No problem! Anytime :slight_smile:

Still playing around in demo… but hopefully soon :slight_smile:

Me too. I did 2 trades yesterday in the demo, Got 20 ticks on a good entry. But I got all confused as to when to exit. Lost it all. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it made me realize I need to learn about perfect exits. I got confused because I thought i was supposed to wait until it hits the BIGGER red i-zone. It got back down after it created a new red i-zone. Kept following the MVP’s.

This is for Nadex Spreads. Are you demo-ing spreads as well?

Maybe Darrell or Mark can view this post some day. I’d love to know / get some advanced tips on perfect exits. I know it’s more about my sense of profit taking and exiting when my personal target is hit, but it doesn’t hurt to know if there’s some advanced perspective that allows us to grab all the goods and not leave money on the table. Greedy? Maybe a little. :slight_smile:

Congrats on the initial 20 ticks!!

I have a forex account. I enjoy being able to have auto trailing stops and one click ordering (predetermined take profits/stops already loaded)

Once APEX releases the trailing stop feature for the stop trigger, I may look into using spreads to trade the indices directionally. Im not overly excited about having each tick worth $5+ (like with a futures account)

Now if only the person doing the clicking could enter a buy when the market is going up and a sell when the market is going down… things would be good!

I was waiting for a trade to break a deviation level… so I entered a working order a few ticks under the level (it was downtrending) Only problem was, it was a buy order facepalm :dizzy_face:

Luckily it was demo… so there was no real loss. Just a bruised ego… and a new focus to make sure im entering the correct trades.

Then just to mock me further, the market rebounded a few hours later and shot up around 100 pips :hushed: lol

As for when to take profits… check out this post for a couple possible ideas.

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/how-do-you-know-when-to-take-profits-when-day-trading-futures/9915

Haha those later rebounds are absolute ego-pounding.

I did 2 more long term entries last night, fell asleep, woke up, both down by $400+ bucks Lol. So much fun. >.<

Thanks I’ll check out this post. I need to figure out how to check / detect the big trends as well. Maybe that’s what VAD is for.

I think I have everything sorted out quite well regarding when to get in and how to trail and all that. I don’t like the idea of chop trading, seems hectic, I have a feeling I’m a trend trader in making.

Also, Apex is closed for the next 5 days it seems? I was on my 14 day trial. :frowning:

VAD can help with knowing when to stay in trade and when to get out.

I actually use it mainly to help me pick better entries.

Indeed, Chop trading can be hectic, but once you have it down… can be very very profitable.

The Apex offices will be closed until Monday yes (they are normally closed Saturday/Sunday anyways) but you will still be able to trade on Nadex on Friday. Starting at 8am EST

The scanner and everything else will still be able for use, regardless of whether or not Apex is closed.

Then I guess I mustn’t ignore chop trading! Going to get down to learning a lot this weekend about VAD and exiting rules. Sometimes I wish trading could be done 24/7 lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Do let me know if you find some good profitable chart setups or something, I’ll certainly be showing you whatever I find, if any. :slight_smile: