Great Week Trading Apex!

Darrell…thanx for all you do here. I just want to briefly tell you how my first serious week of futures trading went. Up till now I was doing P3 only. I started Monday with $577 in my AMP account. Friday afternoon my account was $2,238. I started with ES, DM and TF doing APEX and momentum scalping. I then got interested in GC and CL and now I look at all 5 of these instruments. I stayed up late Wed night and caught the run on CL (I actually tightened my stop to 10 ticks when I was about even on the trade and went to sleep at about 2am. I woke up pleasantly surprised. I know what you’re thinking I should’ve put my $500 in to P3 only but my financial cash flow situation is a disaster and I need to take some risks that normally should not be taken. Necessity is the mother of invention so I had to take these risks. Another saying I have is “I’d rather be lucky than good” and I know that will only get me so far. One thing I did not do is chase trades which I have had a problem with prior to APEX. I withdrew $700 to pays bills. So I start next week with $1,500. I promise to trade one contract at a time.

The week started out awkward trying to keep track of the markets. I missed two 10-20 point runs on TF - one because I didn’t know about the “global simulation mode” - that was frustrating - and the other I missed because I had to help my wife. I reviewed my trades and was surprised to find out how easy it was to ***** up an APEX trade. I made 2 of them with the wrong MVP signal. One turned out OK. I don’t make that mistake anymore. I was confused about the “expected volume” tab on the APEX Pattern candles for the momentum scalp but got that resolved in the trading room.

I feel much more confident after the first week and especially because all 5 days were positive. And I thank you again for all of your hard work here helping people like me.

John Sanders

John that is awesome!!!

Sometimes luck does it for you. But you had to do the homework and the dig in to do it right. Without the knowledge and time spent and the practice before you did it then it would not have worked. So total props :slight_smile:

Just make sure to really grow that account A LOT before you even think of doing more than one contract. You need it a lot bigger before your in the risk management scenarios you want to be in for long term success.

But total props and congrats on taking the bull by the horns with the reality of your situation and making it happen

And double props on taking out profits - one of the best feelings you ever get as a trader is seeing that deposit come on into your CHECKING account :slight_smile:

congrats John! Inspiring story.

Thanx Darrel and “Smitty”. My next “taking profit” will be for a colonoscopy because I’m late making my appointment by about 10 years. LOL!! It’s not something I look forward to.

Darrel…another good week but it definitely was different from last week. This week was - what should I say - chaotic. I got a little sloppy and tried to force some trades. I started out with a balance of $1,505. It went to $2,200 on Monday and then down to $1,200 by Wednesday. I was pretty ****ed by Wed night and stayed up looking for some trades. I got stopped out at 9:44pm on a long gold position and called it quits around 12:30am. The next bar after I got stopped out was a “P” bar but the breakout confirmation did not occur until 1:22am which would’ve got me in at 1278 long gold. I was tempted, and I mean really tempted, to enter the trade before the breakout of the “E” bar but I followed the rules. I did get long positions in gold (starting at 7:59am @ 1288.4) on Thursday which recouped my earlier losses brought my account up to $3118 as of Friday afternoon. While I was temporarily mad about missing the first gold trade it did reaffirm to me that the APEX system is valid. I also learned that I need to resist the temptation to force trades mostly on the basis of a scalp momentum trade and to wait for APEX entries, BMX reversals, and MVP reversals. Here’s a summary of my progress:

Week 1: Starting account balance $577 and ending balance at $2,238 (withdrew $700) Week 2: Starting balance of $1,505 and ending balance of $3,118.

Impressive… yeah that risk can get you just as fast… remember make sure this account gets much much much larger like 10x the size before increasing your contract size.

Keep up the good work Sanders. Looking forward to seeing your progress. When I go live I plan on doing some similar to what you have done here. Nice Work!