Have you learned how to "ICE Skate"?

The Apex Ice Volume Zone v2 indicator is a powerful tool when it comes to trading. It gives precise points of where the volume is in the markets. Though many of us may be familiar with what it is, some of us still may not know the simple methods of how to use it effectively in our daily trading. Here’s a method we call “ICE Skating”. In order to use this technique, the histogram needs to be set to true so in order to identify where the volume lies within the ICE Volume Zone.

Now that the histogram is showing, we can now see the volume. Remember, the volume that it shows is from the previous days session. This gives a clues as to where we can expect chop as well as breakouts. What we want to look for now are our levels of low volume. These low volume areas provide us with turning points in the market. Volume is the key in trading. The market goes to where the orders are. If there are no orders at a specific point, the market will then begin to look for them in other areas.

Step 1: Identify Low Volume Areas

The best way to do this is by looking at the histogram as hills and valleys. Where the hills begin and end are the valleys. The valleys are the low volume areas. Also, note where the high and low of the histogram is.

Step 2: Mark the Low Volume Areas

Now that the low volume areas have been identified, mark them on the chart. This way they can be used as intraday magnets to help identify where price will go as well as where the market can reverse.

Notice how the low volume areas serve as great targets and reversal points. The market goes from one point to the next. By doing this, it makes it easy to identify where the orders are in the market and make great trading decisions based off of this information. Think of the histogram as an ice skating rink and you, the trader, as a skater. You are now “Ice Skating” from level to level. This is best done after each day’s trading session in preparation for the next day’s trading session. Once the ICE Volume Zone has been recalculated, you can begin this process. These levels are good for one day.

Now that you know how to Identify these levels on a daily basis, you are now ready to "ICE Skate" your way into profit!

This is great thank you for sharing this there are a ton of information to help traders here.

Thank you so much for this simple and easy to understand explanation. I just put the lines on my chart and I’m watching it live while it hits those lines and reverses. This is super helpful!

You’re welcome! Glad I was able to help. Hope this helps you guys with your trading on a daily basis.

This is awesome man! Looking over the Histogram today and I’ve spotted exactly what you spoke about. This is pretty cool information. Thank you JP!

Thanks for this great post. I saw a video of Darrell was marking magnet levels when there was a spike on volume. But here you pointed low volume levels. I’m wondering how we can connect this two concept to each other. Can we use one as entry and the other as exit. Or they are only the important levels and can be either entry or exit point.

Great question. What I personally like to do is use these “ICE Skating” lines as areas to look for possible reversals and use Magnet Levels as profit targets. Think of it in terms of how volume works. Where there is low volume (Ice Skating lines), the market tends to reject that area and go to where there is lots of volume (magnets). Hope that helps.

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for. In this case, do you still look for a confirmation? if yes, which system do you think works faster and smoother, because sometimes I see IZSS doesn’t have any signal but the “E” trade working, or vise versa.

I personally trade using the VAD_simple template. I trade strictly VAD. But, thats just me. I would recommend either IZSS, SEES, or AlchemyV2. Let the systems give you entries. Be aware of reversals around ICE Skating areas and look to potentially peel profit off around magnets. Your best bet is to stick the rules of the system. Magnets and ICE Skating levels are far more advanced. Learn and master the systems first before trying advanced techniques.

That is fantastic! Thank you.

Awesome article this is a great tool thank you for clarifying the usage Traders helping Traders I get it this is simply the best site in the world for daytraders!!!