Hi, anyone doing the TC 5mins..Successfully?

Hi ,Anyone doing 5min TC that is having success ?I am in the forum everyday and most traders in the room are doing the 20 min Binaries…I am doing the 5’s. I understand that the settings are mostly the same as the 20’s etc… however . I’m not sure whether there are some tips for the 5’s that are Different than those of the 20’s. I have taken all of the class’s, watched all recorded and live webinars , in the forums watching , reading all the articles and keeping up with all updates and changes or additions of rules. , tips, thoughts, etc…that anyone has or maybe I’m missing something? At this point Im thinking about doing the 20’s it seems that is majority. Though the reason why I got the essential subscription is to do the 5’s.

I thought I had everything down, after watching all the videos um- teen times ,however after reading your post decided to go over it again…and low and behold I picked up some things I missed before. I did some market replay this weekend and you ARE absolutely right respect the rules…Thank you for taking the to answer me.

Can you elaborate on your thought process on how you pick strikes. I realize that that part is purely discretional and each person’s risk/reward and personal preference is different, but would be nice to know how you’re being so profitable. Here is the issue I’m having, and have been having. I see the cyan candle appear, after it forms I begin to look at at the strikes in case the confirmation candle forms. It seems that when that candle forms(I tick below or above the cyan candle) I only have like a minute or two left. Doing OTM, is cheap but I always get scared that two minutes isn’t enough to get a profit since it would need to move a few ticks. ATM, I can’t seem to get a favorable price and I shy away since its too expensive for a minute or so. And ITM just scares me completely as that would also be a horrid risk/reward. I watched Lori’s videos and she was saying that she does ATM($45-$60) for a $20 buck profit. Winning the vast majority I can’t see how that would be profitable. I can’t imagine I’m the only one having this problem. Any light you can shed on us not being quite as profitable as you would be great and much appreciated as I really, really want this to work :slight_smile:

Am I gathering that you hold until expiration? I remember Darrell saying that he doesn’t do this, ever. However, I will say while I have been tampering with these 5 minute binaries I have let some expire with some nice results. By the payout amount I’m assuming that you are doing this? What I’ve been finding when I type in a take profit is that the simulator on the scanner doesn’t always match nadex. Sometimes the scanner will tell you if it moves 1 tick you’ll make 20.00 or whatever but I’ve found thats not the case all the times, hence why I’ve let some expire. Thanks again for your response. It truly helped.

I dont hold to expiration on purpose on an itm binary.

Sometimes though my take profit will not be hit on itm otm or atm and this may easily result in me holding to expiration.

Thanks for your response Darrell. I’ve had that happen before where my take profit was never triggered therefore it expired ITM. When the tick above the confirmation candle is hit, I typically just buy at the market. I use the scanner to for just a tick profit, but sometimes when it moves a tick I’m still negative. Obviously this is for ATM or ITM. Why does that sometimes happen? I also, on both types of trades the flip and the in between, I like to have 2 minutes for the trade so I typically don’t take trades if confirmation happens and theres less than two minutes.

we dont use confirmation on 5 min binaries guessimg you mean the flip signal arrow?

Agreed it can be slower on flips.

The binaries price speed increases when going from otm to atm probability is lower but speed is higher.

When going from atm to itm it will change slower 50/50 so median speed

When going from itm to ditm it will go even slower… probabikity is higher but speed is lower.

By probability i am referring to probability of expiring itm (not hitting profit target)

Thats why you will see a 20 profit hit faster (less movememt) on an otm than on an itm in less ticks.

A binary is essentially the delta of a vanilla call option. if you look at es futures calls delta for friday and line up the same strike as a us 500 binary for same friday expiration you will see the binarys price is the same as delta of the call.

Gamma is the rate of change of a delta (or binary) gamma increases when the delta is less than 50 (ie on a buy) and gets lower as it surpasses it. It will also increase as expiration approaches. And decrease if iv is high. Thasts the sky high high view of the pricing algorithm of a binary and reason for speed of change if otm atm or itm. Sorry may be tmi just trying to be thorough. You dont have to get all the greeks just get the concept and it helps when deciding your style of which binary to choose.

A couple live trades for you

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/newest-webinars-243/live-trade-darrell-3-17-2015-2-26pm-edt-3114.html#.VQnMcfk8B8E

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/newest-webinars-243/binaries-live-trade-fed-funds-rate-trend-catcher-3120.html#post10006

Do we still take the trade if all the 3 rules are met with the cyan arrow, but the green or red arrow is taking longer than 3min and it starts changing direction of the trend? I’ve been burned on this today… Also when i brought up a ticket the other day through the scanner, I couldn’t click on the price and back space to put in my t/p. so it cost me because i couldn’t put the price in fast enough and it change direction.

For support on tge scanner please us the help desk under questions so a tech can help.

You can also use the up down arrows or click on market price to adjust the price.

If your finding turns are to slow focus on the in between flips. You cant know how long the red green arrow bar will take. You meed volume for that turn to really move especially if doing otm binaries.

Remeber you can always click on the nadex platform to close in a pinch as well.

anyone who can help me… WHen you talk about “managed losses” what exactly are you talking about? How do you limit the losses from expiring out of the money?? I know that you can get out early. But it seems that by the time im convinced its a loser, its too late to get out. Any tips for capping losses?

Thank you for your response. But that leads me to another question. I am new and trying to learn 5 mins TC,. The course says not use the stop trigger. Should I do it anyway. If so, when do you use it ie ITM, OTM losing $20??

Thats a personal call. The prices move so fast on such small tick moves thats why I dont like it on 5 min binaries.