How do these trades look? Comments please

Hey everyone really new with all of this been trying to do some research and working on my skills with the Demo account. My plan has been on days that I can trade during the day I will use the Apex Elite MVP and the night time I will fall back on Spike Strikers (in process of learning this too). Now that I have got all of the out I will post a few screen shots of the first few trades I have done with APEX MVP - Let me know what you guys think!!

Trade #1 (Russell) 2014-10-01_1020 - dmoney42’s library

• Here I only made like $20 I think it was maybe a bit less but what I don’t understand and maybe someone can help me is that I have (1) Contract - I was using the Spread Scanner ATM contract and all the videos I watch people use the ruler and it shows Y Value -0.7 and people say I made $70 or Y Value 12.8 and they say I made $1,280 on my chart it was -0.7 should I have made $70? is this based on (10) Contracts? for $1 per tick??? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Trade #2 (Gold) - 2014-10-06_1306 - dmoney42’s library

• This was my first trade of the second day I started trading - Gold running up and again I got (1) contract ATM spread - Again the Y Value was 3.8 and I did not profit $380 again newbie question. I made a good profit on it but nothing like what people talk about?

Again I am sorry for the newbie questions and I would like it if people could critic my trades I want to hear the good and bad that I have done.

Lastly I want to close out saying I have been doing this for about two weeks now these are two that I have screen shots so far I will post more trades soon!! I want to make myself a better trader. I have to say it has got to be one of the hardest things to do is sit and wait on trades!!! You just want to jump right in and I am guilty of it and have lost :frowning: due to this!!! I have made bad trades!!! Any tips other then SIT ON YOUR HANDS lol lol I am sure it will come with time but I must say that I have experienced a great deal of knowledge being here and talking with DM.

Thank you everyone for all of your input and I hope I have made sense to everyone!! I’m working hard so that I can pay loans off and make this my full time job!! Thank You Again Everyone!!!

dmoney, In order to help you better, next time try to get a screenshot of the actual spread you are using. It is hard to answer you question without knowing what price you got into the spread at. You say you did the ATM spread but how far away was it from the actual underlying? It sounds like you are confusing future contracts with spreads. On TF for example, the future will tick at $10 per tick, so at 7 ticks yes $70. on a spread though it would take 10 spreads to equal that same movement. In order to figure out the math as to how you “profited” the amount you did, we would need to know the price you got in and the price you got out and you cant just calculate it as $1 per tick, you also have to take into account how far from underlying you were when you entered and what was your Bid /Ask spread you paid when you got out? So get us screenshots of your tickets and we can help this all come together for you :slight_smile:

I apologize for not taking the screen shot of the actual spread. I’m still learning and I will get this it just takes time. I will do that the next few times I take trades and post them up for everyone to take a look at. One of the hardest things is waiting for the trade… well for me anyways you just want to jump in and start making money. Like I said I need to sit on my hands and keep telling myself wait for the right trade…:rolleyes:

I see yeah I must be confused with futures and spreads. How do you trade futures on here or is that not something that is gone over here? Is there a video with how you go about it? Do you have to do it some place else like OptionsXpress? or brokers like that?? I would like to trade futures on TF and at night time flip over and do 5 min spike strikers for a bit. I have more free time at night just a few limited days that I can trade futures… But if I can make some good money doing that it would really help to pay for my membership here… Any help getting this guy started on futures using the APEX Elite MVP system would be great!! Thank You

DMONEY

Most traders here trade futures at NinjaTrader Brokerage so they can do it through NT7 and do to great margins and low commissions. Though you cna use any broker and use NT7 for charts (if you like higher commissions and margins that is :slight_smile: