How Does One Draw A Chop Box

In viewing the different training videos and postings, I’ve never understood precisely where the Chop Box begins. Many of the drawings are not uniform at the beginning, but they seem to be more uniform at the end. Is there a standard way to draw a Chop Box from the beginning of chop to the end of chop?

Hi , The smaller chop like coil chop or little bit larger with fewer bars in each direction without swing points ,the top border will be at height of tallest wick and bottom of border be at bottom of lowest wick. The larger chop you will have swing points and I like to put my borders on them. If prices breaks the swing point borders and comes back in box you had a fake. Often times if chop last a while you will have to adjust your chop box or make more boxes as the chop moves. You will end up with one larger uniform chop box with maybe several smaller ones in different areas inside. If you have different borders inside make sure you have enough room to profit before next border . Its usually best to wait for the break of the larger chop box with exceeding vad A or cluster signals breaking.

Thanks for responding. I mostly understand what you mean. What I am specifically asking is where the left border begins in the chop box. If you or anyone has any samples to show, it would be very helpful. Otherwise, I get the general understanding.

It take some practice of drawing out chop boxes. you need to mark up charts with chop boxes and post in here , ER or a mentor group if you are in one and let others check them for you . This is the quickest way for you to be able to learn how to draw them.

Thanks for the chart. It seems that the left side of the box starts two bars before the wicks and long bar timers. I’ll have to practice drawing these boxes, but I think I got a good understanding of what to do.

Where I started to the left side of box is not important as long as it includes the first bar with the wick . It’s the top and bottom border that needs to be accurate