How to add forex pairs to the DOM in NinjaTrader7

You may find that most foreign exchange brokers don’t allow for the currency pairs to be added to the DOM natively in Ninja Trader. Luckily, there’s a work around.

To add FX pairs to the DOM, do the following:

1. Open a new market analyzer in NT7
  • File > New > Market Analyzer
  1. Right-click on the market analyzer and add the forex pairs you want to trade.
  • Or you can add your entire default instrument list to make it faster.
  1. Click the [L] Link button on the top-right of the market analyzer and select a color, i.e. Blue.
  2. Open a new DOM in NT7
  3. Click the [L] Link button on the top-right of the DOM and select the same color you chose on the market analyzer, i.e. Blue.
  4. Highlight the pair you want to appear in the DOM and it instantly switches.
  • You can just highlight a new pair on the market analyzer when you want the DOM to switch to a new instrument, or you can change the instrument in the DOM like you normally would now that they are all added and linked in the market analyzer.

This is very helpful and will allow me to use the DOM when trading forex pairs. Looking for clarification on diagnostic bar link regarding forex. http://apexinvesting.net/diagnostic-bar-size-and-settings/

Spoke with live support about clarifying the (6a,j,e,b,c) notation on the forex list?

Forex: (may also try 6 on fx markets in slower markets etc…)

A/J 20

U/J (6j) 14

G/J 24 ( 6 For Tight Scalps or slower markets) (Stops are usually 6 ticks instead of 5)

A/U (6a) 6

E/U (6e) 10

G/U (6b) 6

U/C (6c) 6

This was their answer: “Those are the futures contracts 6A is aussie, 6J is Yen, 6e is Euro etc they are not pairs they are the futures symbols for the respective country’s currency”

Doe this mean that when trading forex futures we need to use a different instrument(s) other than the standard forex pairs that we all have been using to trade nadex?

If trading spot forex use spot forex symbols If trading nadex use spot forex symbols If trading futures use futures forex symbols