Ideal Configuration To User Scanners

Hello Darrell. I’m having problems using the box spread scanner. I tried using it when I had my trading platform, NADEX DEMO and microsoft WORD opened. I was easily able to navigate and scroll in all of the other programs but I can’t even scroll on the scanner page. So then I closed out of all other applications and just tried the scanner. I still have the same problem. I’m a little puzzled. At first I thought it must be a memory issue but why would I be able to easily navigate all of the other programs when opened at the same time? I would really like to take advantage of the scanner but it’s unusable to me right now. Below is my current configuration. Any suggestions?

Dell Inspiron 1501 running on Windows XP AMD Athlon Dual Core 64X2 processor 2 GB of ram

Best Regards Chuck

There are no stability issues on the scanner. I have 80 windows open at once and multiple scanners.

You have more than enough resources to use it. We have 1,000’s of users many with the same resources as you with no issues.

This is also the reason why closing other applications had no impact its not the scanner or your resources.

2 things (BROWSER AND # OF INSTRUMENTS SELECTED)

The one thing you did not mention was your browser. You need to use the google chrome browser latest version. firefox browser has memory leaks and explorer has speed and security issues. The plugin is built to work with chrome.

Also DO NOT have every instrument selected. Commons new user mistake. That is literally asking for 1,000’s of contracts and 1,000’s of calculations to happen at 1x on 1 web page every single second. That could push your resources a bit. But there literally is 100% no reason to do this. Just select the markets you are actually trading. The point of the scanner is to simply narrow down the choices on the spreads on the market you want to trade.

Please let me know if the above resolve it for you.

If you need further assistance please use the help desk under questions above for technical support (as the forum is for how to and trading versus support) we will be glad to help you.