Iron Butterfly Study - Daily Setups and Results

Good Evening,

We will posting our daily IBF setups and results of the setups here on a daily basis, in addition we will be posting a weekly $+/- of our trades, we currently have 4 apex members setting these trades up as part a little research and development study, should you want ot contribute to helping us all learn faster please feel free to post your setups here along with your results, we would like to have the following in each post:

• Take screenshot of trades placed and post in the pit or start a forum thread were we post trades we find each night and what the results were and give weekly results updates of how we did for the week in $+/- format or % of gain/loss for all to see • Show your strikes and price you struck them at on chart (written right on chart with jing) • Leg in or entered at time of analysis (written right on chart with jing) • When stops were applied (written right on chart with jing) • If Take Profits were used (written right on chart with jing) • Reason for taking the trade, what tools helped you in your decision to take the trades, was there news (written right on chart with jing) • Post analysis, how you could improve, what can be done differently, what worked (written right on chart with jing)

If you do not have Jing please download it, its free and very easy to use.

We look forward to hearing about your IBF trades!!

Best, Creekcourse (Rich)

For those of you who are going to participate in the logging your results for this study make sure you use one of these checklist each night you do you analysis because Im going to make a weekly summary sheet that you will need to input information on from the checklists you used throughout the week so we can track our P/L ect. Thx

I AM REMOVING THE CHECKLIST FOR THE TIME BEING AS I AM DOING SOME UPDATES TO IT,IN ADDITION I HAVE A TUTORIAL THAT I AM GOING TO BE RECORDING TO SHOW EXACTLY HOW TO USE THIS CHECKLIST FOR LONG TERM IBF’S!!

Sold top for $20 not $80,my cost was $80.

Very nice trade! Were you buying and selling 1 contract on each side?

Usd/Jpy trade from 11/16/14 to 11/17/14.

One thing that I forgot to mention in the opening screen capture is that these strikes were for 3 pm expiry.

Stats:

• Total BF's = 1
  • Win/Loss = 1/0
  • PnL after Commissions = + $40.90

no, 10 demo contracts.

Chart test

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/size]

That chart test is a dead link

creekcourse, could you please also post the charts as attachments? They are very hard to read with the small text. Thanks.

Nice job creek! I am planning to be more involved in the room and with these set=ups in a couple of weeks when things slow down at work. I like what you are doing and hope to get involved. I see people talk about a video you did on setups but can’t seem to find it. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks, Scott

Here you go Scott
http://apexinvesting.net/forum/newest-webinars-243/nadex-iron-butterfly-strategy-stops-november-12-2014-a-2485.html

Here is my trade from today.

Entry

Close

Stats:

• Total BF's = 2
  • Win/Loss = 1/1
  • PnL after Commissions = - $9.10
  • Total PnL = + $31.90

My GBPJPY setup tonight:

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/size]

My NG Setup tonight:

where do i go to learn the butterfly?

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/butterflies-218/#.VG5DsfldW0J

Rich - Very nice job on your video tutorial and spreadsheet! I noticed in these posts that you use a 4min chart for EURJPY and a 10 minute for the others. I am wondering if there is a reason for a) small aggregation periods considering these are relatively longer duration trades, b) why some instruments have different time frames, c) if your testing experience so far indicates any one aggregation period is superior to another?