Late mvp elite entry?

if it made the second green apex yesterday but it was too late for me to enter. would you have recommended taking this entry after it moved up so far this morning?.. i understand you can add on entries, just didnt know, if you werent in from the beginning and it moved up, lets say, 10pts, would you get in late like this.

Hi Ddot, 2. ENTER 3 TICKS BEYOND E BAR (WITHIN 3 BARS) If long (green) the E’s high must be broken by 3 ticks within 3 bars this is the entry price.

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/elite-mvp-rules-228/summary-system-rules-1369.html#.U7N2dfldUfE

Thats what the rules say, just curious why you closed it without some profit?

DDOT - remember with diagnostic bars, time essentially does not matter. Bars are created (filled) where the orders are. If all of the orders are still buyers, as is this case, then you take the trade. What you are seeing is a day with chop, where buyers started to move in at the close of the pit (sellers pretty much left), it was carried through the overnight and into the US open.

The only decision that you to consider is if you have reached a 1 deviation move on whether or not you want to scale into a position (add on). I would have taken the trade…

Happy trading!!! Brad

hey pips. i wasnt in that trade, since i was just sitting there i practiced a scalp entry in sim mode cause i was bored…

thanks for the info brad, just havent seen that situation yet and didnt want to make a mess of it

Yes that was a trade within all rules should have been taken and profitable. At the +1 dev level tighten stop or take profit. But everything about that trade was good. It was not late just an add on trade. Done during regular market hours with plenty of volume.

I have a similar question. When I woke up here was the chart

The ‘X’ was completed but the market was still trending lower. Just want to clarify, no trade at this point, correct? We wait for an ‘E’ add-on?

Yes, you would wait for another valid E to add on