Live NQ trading difficulties

Hi all,

After demo’ing Nadex spreads on NQ for a long time, I started trading live 2 weeks ago. As soon as I went to place a trade on NQ, I noticed the premium and proximity of the spreads is SO much higher compared to demo. It discouraged me enough to switch over to ES to place trades which has a much better proximity and premium to its spreads. Is there ANY way to successfully trade NQ directionally without starting in the negative by so much upon entry? Even using the bull spread isn’t very good proximity wise. Or should I just stick to ES? How does everybody else trade NQ directionally? Maybe I’m just missing something.

@MATRIXBINARY373 @renzo1

Hey Coach,

This is my first reply to someone in the forum, but I have had the same experience so I thought I would throw in my two cents. I highly doubt anyone trades NQ directionally with Nadex spreads for the same reasons you have already explained. I find it much easier to trade YM and RTY. You have a much better chance of finding that “0 proximity, NTM, in the daily spread” which is exactly what you want when trading directionally with spreads. But after working so hard to find that perfect setup you still have to find that spread that offers “all of the above” to get in a profitable trade. Otherwise you could be in the negative for the first so many ticks and by then the market can turn around leaving you with a loss. After struggling through that for a few weeks I eventually found my way to Ninja trader and started learning the Power Plays and trading with the ATM (Advanced Trade Management) tool that it offers. Not to mention all the Market Replay that you can do with Ninja. It has helped me a ton. But back to spreads. I have also learned how powerful they can be by using the strategies that DM teaches. Ultimate Hedge, Straddles and Iron Condors to name a few. Those are the best ways to trade with Spreads in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Nelson

Even though I have had success trading the NQ spreads directionally, I was often finding myself frazzled. So its been quite a few months since Ive done a live trade. Tried the other indices and ended up realizing that maybe trading the US indices wasn’t for me. Decided to just stick with Forex and have found myself quite happy with it.

Think with so much going on right now, it is just really difficult to trade the NQ Spreads directionally. So it may just be best to stick with ES (especially if your finding success with less headache) for the time being.

@MATRIXBINARY373 curious as to what forex pairs you have been trading? Also are your trading them on nadex? I have been trading indicies on nadex and was looking at getting into to forex as well. thanks

Mainly its just the GBP/AUD that I focus on. (which isn’t available on Nadex)

Its been awhile since Ive traded Forex via Nadex. Really was just used for the Indices, because I realized I wasnt really ready for a Futures account.

I have been trying out hedges on Oil … but recently they changed the initial bid/offer spread to 10 ticks for the daily spreads!!! :frowning: It was 2-3!!! :open_mouth:

But Nadex is a good way to get some exposure to the Forex markets without having to worry about margin requirements or having to put up a lot of money up front.

@MATRIXBINARY373

Why did they change the bid/offer spread on CL??? To make it more difficult for traders to be successful? I’ve about given up on trading the indices and was thinking about switching to oil and natural gas because of how much easier it is to straddle and hedge with nadex spreads on those markets. You can almost forget about hedging and straddling the indices so it’s become too stressful to trade. I want less stress and higher probability to make at least SOME money!

@DELBIANCOTRADES

They have been changing the contract width for the daily binaries a lot recently. So I am thinking it has something to do with that.

(https://www.nadex.com/notices?field_year_published_tid=All&field_notice_type_tid=All)

Also when you look at Oil with the scanner… The Indicative Index doesnt show up, so neither will the premium and proximity. With the exception of Natural Gas, everything else works fine.

But speaking of Natural Gas, it has an 11 tick Bid/Offer Price O,o

Will have to see if its that much next week