Long and short position on the same Nadex spread

Hi,

Is it possible to go long and short on the same Nadex spread? If not; is it allowed to team up with someone (with a different account) and go short while the other goes long on the same spread (for strategy purpose) or is this against the rules?

Thanks

No. They would cancel each other out. No. You would be banned from the exchange and have possible legal action taken against you.

Hi gcnish,

Would I be banned because A: I’m teaming up with someone or B: I’m trying to go long and short at the same time?

A, you can read the rules here: Nadex Membership Agreement

You’ll know you screwed up because you’ll get one of these: Notice of Disciplinary Action

If it were still posted, you would see exactly what happens when you try and do what you seem intent on pursuing.

If you do B above, Nadex would be happy with you because you would have paid them a commission for opening and closing a trade and you would be out a minimum of the bid/ask spread.

Thank’s for the swift reply. I have read the membership agreement but it does not mention anything about what I was talking about.

It doesn’t matter though, I found a better way of doing things which does not require going long and short at the same time or teaming up with a second account.

Your team trading question is answered in here: Nadex Rules