MBtrading and or ninja trader issues

Can someone help me anyone !? I’m going on a week now and I’m still not able to get real time quotes for the majority of futures. Here is my situation and a couple things about my situation.

1. I have real time data for futures from mbtrading, and historical from kinetick.
  2. I am able to get real time quotes for symbols ES,CL,ZS,6E,6N,YM,GF,HE and nothing else. Seems pretty random why just these. All charts load fine just no quotes on everything but whats in the list.
  3. Ninja trader says the symbols are different with mbtading and to use their symbol look up which I did and they are the same , theirs is /6JH6 which is 6J 03-16 for ninja , all are the same as in ninja minus those differences. I also tried the continuous symbol 6J ##-## and still no real time quotes.
  4. All real time quotes work with mbtrading desktop for all symbols just not in ninja, so this looks to be a ninja issue.

Im almost about to give up being both ninja and mbtrading are saying its the other persons issue , and after a week we finally seem to narrow down the blame . I can’t be the first person to have mbtrading and want to load ZC or GC . Frustrated. So aside from going with another broker any ideas ?

Thank you

put in a help desk support ticket to see if they can assist you with setting up Ninjatrader with MBtrading. I know that the apex indicators require a futures feed to be connected first but I could not honestly tell you if the futures feed that MBtrading provides you with will work. Most of us that trade live futures are using Ninjatrader brokerage (that I know of). So your best bet is to find out from the help desk how best to set up your ninja trader to work with your broker.

Peter.

I have a live account with MBtrading and I get my data from Kinetick and it works just fine you have to follow these instructions https://www.mbtrading.com/ninjatrader.aspx#connectionguide .

Make sure you connect to kinetick first than connect to MBT.

Also remember with Kinetick in order to access historical data while receiving live quotes in other markets such as CME or NYMEX etc you need a paid subscription for each exchange CME e-mini is 46 dollar per month and NYMEX is 91 dollars per month.

Thank you both for the replies , elijah I have non pro globex level 1 from kinetick real time and historical. And I have real time through mbtrading as well for the real time quotes. If I connect to kinetick first and mb second when I go to place a trade I get the message no quotes available. Ninja told me that I simply can’t trade these symbols , that the symbol mapping doesn’t exist to trade them and they will be adding them soon. I followed the install instructions, so you can actually pull up TF and 6J with no issues ?

Ninjas cs reply

I agree, navigating symbol mappings between brokers can be a real challenge. MB trading in particular does seem to have very sparse currency futures offerings.

I and a few colleagues of mine have attempted to find good direct mappings for these currencies, and were unable to do so. We believe that MB Trading simply does not offer them. We were however able to find some things that may be of interest to you however.

First, if you symbol search for “yen” as a description, you will see “FXY”. MB Trading’s “FX…” series seems to be a little more robust than their “6…” series, and it may be the case that you can find an “FX…” instrument which suits all of your needs. As far as whether FX is a good enough equivalent to 6J or not, I am including a link to a symbology guide.

Second, ES 03-16 is a known good instrument. On the Ninja side, it shows up as “ES 03-16”, on the MB side, as “ES”, and through the search tool searching for “mini s&p”, it shows up as “/ES”. This is useful information for debugging and making sense of the data MB Trading puts out. We can determine from this, for instance, that the “/” character is not part of the symbol. It may have some special meaning, but we don’t need to put it in NinjaTrader’s symbol map.

Finally, a colleague of mine brought this to the attention of a support staff member who is responsible for database updates. We are working on this issue and will hopefully have good mappings built into future versions of Ninja.

I hope this information is of use to you. Please let us know if we can assist further. Sincerely, Jessica NinjaTrader Customer Service

I don’t trade FX pairs so I would be of no help in that department. But as far as loading futures I can load every market with MBT except TF an DX.

Thanks for the reply . I was referring to 6J , 6A, 6B not forex … I also can’t load NG

TF and DX are ICE Exchange futures probably why you can’t load them on MB Trading or Kinetic (kinetic does not have ICE).

I guess the question is why use MB Trading and not NTB lower commissions at NTB from what i understand. NTB will provide with the futures you have listed live and historical with your account (i think they have the $15.00 discount like everyone else) but beyond that pretty simple.

Im all for Kinetick IQ Feed whatever. My question is why do you need it for historical data. Your broker should be providing this. Also you always connect in the order you want the data to feed in which means your live feed. Also is your kinetick a free EOD if so that wont have intraday data that you want coming in live ie previous ticks.

Again kinetick must have a LIVE subscription for the Historical Intraday Up To Date tick data and this may be the issue you are currently experiencing. This is my top guess as to why your having an issue is your dont have live futures globex market data subscriptions on kinetick and your trying to connect to it first.

You should be able to simply connect to your broker and load up …6J 6B 6A NG etc… current contract months and get live and historical data. If you can’t load on these common instruments then you need to change brokers. NTB much easier one stop shop imho.

Darrell,

I appreciate your time on this situation. I have a paid non pro level 1 from Kinetick for real time and historical data , I get real time quotes on everything accept the ICE contracts as you pointed out but not the ability to trade everything through my broker. MBtrading doesn’t have historical data , I asked two separate customer service reps because I didn’t believe the first. Ninja support said there isn’t mappings for most symbols, if I go to instrument manager search for anything , say ZC , there is no symbol listed under MBtrading in the mics tab and therefore I can’t get real time quotes from my broker to place a trade, all sounds pretty stupid to me actually , and I still feel I’m missing something because no one would ever go with MBtrading this being the case. I’m only given the option to trade ZS, 6E, 6N,CL, ES,YM ,GF , HE and nothing else, all else fail with message no real time quotes , no matter which I connect to first. Ninja support has stopped responding after their response about MBtrading , and MBtrading says its an issue with NInja , so I’ll probably just close the account and go with NTB. Very very frustrating. Thanks for the help.

The good news is I think you have found the solution frustrating as it may be you can move forward now. Grab an NTB account and move forward without having to deal with the frustration or pay for all that data through kinetick :slight_smile:

Indeed I have and indeed I will, bam !!! thank you

I tried to get an account with NTB and they denied me that’s why I went with MB trading. And mbtrading doesn’t have historical data that’s why I purchased kinetick. I plan on switching over to NTB in the near future.

Try the other clearing house and be mindful of net liquid assets include anything of value house car savings coins etc…