Member Asks/Says - Significant Challenge, Not Seeing Trade Setups Times I Can Trade

I have been watching your videos for several months now (I think I hear John in my sleep) and have learned a tremendous amount and was excited when the open house came along.

Trade Times and Setups? However, I am already seeing my most significant challenge and don’t really see a solution to it. The times I can trade are generally between 7 and 9 or so in the evenings and between 6 and 8 or so in the mornings. All of those times, as best as I can tell from experience and doing research, are the times when the markets are moving the slowest with the least amount of volume, both currency and futures due to when markets are open, etc. So I watched closely the hours I could trade this week and didn’t see a single power play develop fully during those times on the markets I was focusing on (you guys advice to watch one chart when starting out and so I was trying to do that so I might have missed some opportunities, but then again…).

Account Size and Not Scalping? To complicate things I am starting out with a small account size on the Nadex platform so your instructions not to try to scalp using binaries and spreads make it that much harder to find trades. Since I am waiting to get clusters to trade it is really limiting my opportunities to trade in demo and learn.

I know I sound negative and really I am not. I am just trying to be realistic with my expectations about whether trading is for me with my time and account size limitations. I have no doubt that if I could trade during the regular morning hours and start out with an account of at least $1000 that I could be successful working with Apex and all that it offers. But we get our health insurance through my work and I have to keep my day job.

Do you think I should focus on another of your trading systems during the rest of the demo rather than the power plays…perhaps another system that is more prone to find scalps and shorter term trades that would be useful with Nadex? And do you have any suggestions beyond “trade the markets that are open” as to what instruments might be best for my time frames? I have been focusing on NQ just because it seems to have the most movement and so many others focus on it with trading charts and suggestions, but I am completely open.

Well, this is a lot I know but I appreciate your time and again am VERY grateful for Apex as a whole and the efforts you guys go to in helping new traders learn and be successful.

At night Aud and Jpy forex pairs move the best because the markets are open at that time, look for those nights that have news coming out that cause those pairs to move setting up your power plays. I also work during the day but i do not trade at night. I go to bed real early and get up between 3 to 5 am cst to trade the London session. I can usually catch at least one good power play on futures 6B and 6E during that time. For forex the GBP and EUR pairs move the best . There are good PP setups on those early morning. Most weeks there is GBP news at 4:30 am est. I have also caught Nq moving good some days around 7 to 8 am and made PP trades. I then catch at least an hour of the US open to catch the the rest of my trades. I hope this helps

Thanks Gary…helpful indeed. I’ll give some of that a hard look this week…Joel