Mixing VAD with IZSS Continuum chart

I note on Darrell’s Izone Sharpshooter template that he has VAD A & E on it. Any issues mixing continuum and diagnostic bars on the same chart? thanks

You can not have continuum and diagnostic bars on the same chart.

Christopher thanks for the responding. That is my understanding that the two don’t mix. If you get a moment, check out Darrell’s Izone Sharpshooter template in the tool box. Maybe it’s a hybrid that he is testing. Thanks again

Yes, as mentioned, only one kind of bars per chart. Here is what the chart should look like if you applied the _IZone_Sharpshooter_Darrell template to an NQ chart

Could you point out where the two different bar types are?

I think you are confused about something. The sharpshooter system uses continuum shadow bars and has never used diagnostic bars. Diagnostic bars he is using on a separate chart with Order Prints. So, when applying the template to the Izone chart you need your bar type set to continuum bars with 3/12 60 minute settings. With the separate order prints chart your bar type should be set to diagnostic bars and usually 10 tick depending on the market you are trading.

Also, VAD A and VAD E are used on the Izone chart and reference off of the shadow continuum bars just fine. The VADs are indicators that show accumulated and distributed volume in a trend and the bar type is not what is important for VAD.

Christopher VAD A and E on the bottom of Darrel’s chart above was what had me confused. Thanks again for clearing this up.

gcnish thanks for posting Darrel’s chart. I was mixing up the VAD indicator with chart bar types.