MT4 Platform

Hey guys,

I come from the forex world (6+ years live trading) and starting to get my get wet with nadex and options in general (seems like learning a new language). I love the MT4 platform but started using NT7 here lately just trying to keep in sync with Apex. Learning curve but nothing to major. Is the reason MT4 platform isnt used is because of the lack of underlying markets causing a price differential in FX prices to binary options? Just trying to get a grasp of it all and break the “Old dog new trick” saying. Thanks

Rick

MT4 is a outdated platform. For forex it allows the broker to see your every move and trade against you (on spot forex).

It does not include real volume data. Only tick volume not actual contract volume.

You need futures forex contracts for that (you can combine them ie EUR/USD with /6e Volume together)

The programming language is limited - if we can think it we can do it in NT7.

We did use to have multiple platforms we programmed in. But the various platforms had limitations and could not keep up.

Also some had fees (ie tradestation)

Others where limited in instruments (ie mt4)

And then we have to multiple develop every line of code in every platform and provide customer service on all the platforms and their individual code.

This slows down development and drives up cost.

NT7 is free to use get free from brokers for live. Free data feeds etc… So it has no $$ entry barrier, has more power than mt4, and covers equities, futures and forex markets.

So we made the decision at this point to focus on NT7 to lower cost and speed up productivity and improve customer service. And eventually we will look to rolling out pieces to other platforms (those functions that those platforms can handle).

Sorry long answer short question but I hope it makes sense.

Darrell

Yep made sense, I never traded with mt4, just used the charts but will start learning NT7 for all the other factors you just mentioned. Thanks for all the knowledge here on APEX, seems to put my learning in hyperspeed.