MVP Entry Clarification

In the video “Apex MVP Elite Entry Rules” “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIlrmgKY8AA&list=PLJMQ51O3apwzsbnLUsJnqBe3Q5b3DmbzW&index=12” you mention between 9:00 - 9:10 that “the close has nothing to do with what I’m about to say” in regards to entering the trade. This has had me a bit confused over the past few weeks because I have been entering the trade 3 ticks below the close of the “E” if short and 3 ticks above the close of the “E” bar if long.

But as I was watching that particular video over the weekend you say that the close is irrelevant. So I’m a bit confused and was wondering if you could clarify a bit on why the E Bar close does not matter.

If we are not to mind about the close of the “E” then the question is to be asked from where do we place our entry if the close does not matter?

As I said earlier I have been trading at the close of each “E” bar weather long or short but watching the video and hearing that kind of confused me a bit.

Thanks!

What he means is that it does not matter the next bar close, not E bar.

That’s right. The E bar has to close and you enter on the next bar. It is not required for the entry bar to close before you enter. It just has to break the low or high of the E bar by 3 ticks.

This is different from the Momentum scalp trade, where you need to have the setup bar close with exceeding volume before entry…

Happy trading!!! Brad

You’re buying 3 ticks above the high of the E

Or 3 ticks below the low of the E

You can’t have a high or low without the bar closing and the entry price is based on high low not close.

The high/low may or may not be a close etc… (remember we do this on time based bars sometimes as well etc…)