My charts seem to vary from others? Your Computer PreFlight/Trade Checklist (7 EASY STEPS)

1) Optimal computer and Internet Performance

Reboot your computer daily for optimal performance and to clear cache.

Also while rebooting unplug and replug in your router to ensure your internet has optimal performance. Yes this really does help i promise.

Download this tool http://apexinvesting.net/forum/free-trading-software-tools-183/internet-connectivity-monitor-723.html#.U4eKq_meZcY to ensure you have stable internet connectivity. (internet loss can cause tick data to be missed therefore resulting in your charts not aligning. make sure it is always on. Just have it to connect to google as google is always up so it will be a great way to ensure whether or not you have a internet connection issue.

2) Correct Time On Clocks

It is absolutely vital is to make sure your clock is perfectly synced and set to Eastern Time.

You can use a different time zone but then your changing a variable so that could make things look differently (most programs like email etc… you can set your local time zone in despite what your computer time zone is. Also its much harder to share charts and compare charts in various time zones. Change your computer to ET and then close open NT7 going forward NT7 will open in ET.

If your clock is out of sync that can make things different as bars/minutes can have different start and stop times by being out of wack on your clock. Oftren this is so negligible you can’t even notice it.

Even a second sometimes milliseconds can make a big difference

2 methods (I use both)

A) Windows Settings: Follow steps on this thread: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/questions-about-trading-computers-96/sync-clock-out-3rd-party-program-1541.html#.U5isVfl318E

B) Use this free tool at http://apexinvesting.net/forum/free-trading-software-tools-183/exact-clock-sync-automation-essential-443.html#.U4eHLfmeZcY

Its a free automated sync software. If you like it donate $10 to them to thank them for making it - its worth it i use it on my computers

No matter how accurate you think your computer is. EVERYONE no matter what should have clock sync on your computer as a trader you dont want your clock off by a millisecond.

These are the settings i use

It auto syncs every 15 minutes

3) Correct Data Options in NT7

In NT7 - Go To tools options data and make sure they match these settings:

4) Correct Data feeds The only 3 data feeds i use are AMP/CQG, FXCM, and IQFeed - as I have found they provide the fastest and most accurate unfiltered tick data.

Ensure data is NOT set to connect on startup in the data connection settings

Always connect AMP/CQG, THEN FXCM, THEN IQFEED

I don’t use TOS, Interactive Brokers, Rhythmic etc…FOR MY NT7 data feeds. You can use various feeds for say execution brokers but not as data feed (ie connect to data feeds we suggest then connect to broker after you have connected to data feed) If you use some other data feed then we will assume that is the reason your data feed is different than others. Notice Kinetick DOES NOT have ICE so you can’t use it to trade TF.

5) Clean and Correct Data EVERY day

You are using tick data (ie on diagnostic bars or any bar type even on volume this can be impacted on minute bars as volume is tick based) so you MUST clearing your db/cache folder DAILY

Go to My Documents/NinjaTrader/DB and delete teh cache folder everyday BEFORE you open NT7

Just a few ticks lost etc… can mess up your chart buy a small amount. And sometimes a small amount is the difference between a win and a loss. So take the 3 seconds this takes and do it 1x a day first thing.

6) Make sure you have the newest Apex toolkit version installed

Simply click on the toolkit and open it in your windows start menu or on your desktop and it will show you the date of the latest update.

7) Make sure you have the newest ninjatrader version installed

Go to help about in ninja trader you will see the version at the top

To to help license key and enter you key on the download page of nt7 and you will see the latest available version.

8) Make sure your internet is stable

Though it may appear your internet is stable any packet loss can change the data sent to your chart live. And then refreshing it will fix it. This is easily noticeable in volume as you could have 10,000 contracts easily in a single tick but a small packet loss could mean 500 contracts. Download this free tool here and set it to monitor connectivity to google.com every second. http://apexinvesting.net/forum/free-trading-software-tools-183/internet-connectivity-monitor-723.html#.U49Mtfl318E

On Windows the OS will park some of the processor, Please view Video to learn more. How To - Unpark CPU Cores - YouTube