Nadex Bid/Offer size

If I put in an order for a 20 contract bid at a certain price level and the bid size is only 5, how do my contracts get filled?

Hi leberry,

Sounds like you are trying to fill more contracts than are available. If you only see 5, in the trade ticket you have opened, then at that time there is only 5. So you would have to wait and see if more become available. Not sure what you were trying to trade though so I hope that helps.

If you are seeing 5 contracts your probably looking at a contract without either a bid or an offer.

ie

0 bid size 0 bid 5 offer 5 offer size

the liquidity drops if there is no bid or no offer quote as the market maker can not lay off the risk

Get out before the bid/offer is gone

IE if the bid/offer spread is $5.00 buy back at $7.00 so the bid/offer size will be 20, 50, 100, 500 whatever size normally is

Also don’t outtrade the market or you have to wait a few minutes for them to refresh it. The refresh may be the full size or less. hence its just not worth outtrading the size/liquidity. And get out beffore bid/offer goes away. Its how all markets work on derivatives. If a market maker can lay off risk they are not going to make a large market.

if if they have 0 by 5 - no one is gong to sell for 0 - and they dont know if your getting in or taking profit or what at 5 and their risk could be large so they lower their risk - their goal is bid offer spread - no bid offer - then no ability to lay off risk.