Nadex demo easier to win on?

Is it easier to win trades on the demo account than the live? The reason I am asking is I seem to win a lot when in demo mode but as soon as I try a strategy out, I lose in live. I have lost my last 6 trades in live but won the last four in demo. Using the same strategy, same time of day, and the same currency pair. Am I that unlucky or is there some validity to this assumption? Also, could you explain the strike price for a Nadex binary? For example, USD/JPY strikes say >102.65 @ 7pm but it ticks with an extra digit. So, if it is 102.651 at 7pm for example is it a winner? Or does it need to be 102.660 to win? The strike has 2 digits after the decimal but it ticks with three. Should I look at the strike as >102.650 even though it says >102.65?

would not call it luck or lack thereof

1 to test your theory simply place the trades at the same time in both demo and live

(what will this show you - in reality it will show you how you make decisions differently) - ie break rules - not exit when your supposed to jump in early etc… lucky as don’t have an exit plan - etc…

not sure what strategy/system you are doing (one day can be profitable another a loss etc… - but again i don’t know your system so that is difficult to answer

The binary does not tick with an extra digit - binaries ticks in .25 increments - all binaries.

You are referring to the indicative index which is rounded out 1 additional decimal. 102.65 and 102.650 are the same number.

If you bought the binary and the market settles at 1/10th of a tick above the strike then it was ITM and therefore had max profit if held (not recommended ever)

If you sold it - then it would lose as it has to be at or below it not 1/10th of a tick higher as of settlment

Don’t hold to settlment that should be the exception not the rule - you may not be doing this often and just asking just want to remind you and anyone who reads th epost.

Thanks for the reply and you are right about holding them until expiration. I never do that and maybe the fake money plays on the subconscious. I just wanted your thoughts on it. I am going to try the APEX Elite after I watch the videos because I believe it to be a superior system compared to using MACD and candles. That is what I have been using with a little success but not what I am after. I can see why you use the ticks and not time based charts after playing around with the APEX Elite a little but I need to learn the rules first.

Thanks for all of your help.

You wont learn apex elite unless you are using apex elite. Many have tried and basically none have succeeded you need to actually see it and do it to get it. Its not a learn then do thing its a learn while your doing thing. We have the free 30 day promo check it out (expires 4-29-2014)

[quote=swm20001]Thanks for the reply and you are right about holding them until expiration. I never do that and maybe the fake money plays on the subconscious. I just wanted your thoughts on it. I am going to try the APEX Elite after I watch the videos because I believe it to be a superior system compared to using MACD and candles. That is what I have been using with a little success but not what I am after. I can see why you use the ticks and not time based charts after playing around with the APEX Elite a little but I need to learn the rules first.

Thanks for all of your help.[/quote]

This is not accurate regarding Nadex. As nadex only allows limit orders to be filled also the liquidity in Nadex reflects the liquidity in the real market and I can even take out the liquidity in the demo for every trader using it. Just like i could do in live.

So you are right liquidity does matter

And MOST financial platforms fill demo regardless of liquidity

And when they do it they assume you always get a “limit” fill even when submitted at market you get the best price and no slippage is assumed etc…

But in nadex there is no slippage as NO market orders are availble and liquidity reflects reality.

To say using a demo is only good to learn how to use a platform etc…

Is like saying practicing basketball is only good for a neighborhood game … the only way you will learn is to play a real game in the NBA… or mabye start small you can’t learn how to shoot a ball, or how to dribble, or plays, you cant develop muscle memory, how to think without fear, how to act with time on clock, under pressure, how to sharpen your accuracy, how to test out plays on and on and on except in the live game.

This is a common myth among trading that cost traders a lot of money. Honestly its a gambling mentality that one has to be in the action for it to be worth it.

Just because you can make it in demo or “practice” does not mean you can make it in live but if you can’t make it in demo you wont’ make it in live.

Does a basketball player not practice free throws so he can make them in the game when it counts? Does he not shoot 100’s 1000’s of them? Did it not count? or did it make sure that when it did count - he was prepared.

For demo to work you have to use it like you would live - have them reduce your demo account to a live account size. Trade the positions teh same way same size. And don’t allow yourself to trade live till you make $ dollars in demo trading 100% by your rules. Talk about discipline - and motivation - and a added ounce of fear as you can’t make any cash till you make x cash in demo and if you lose cash in demo that just extends how long it is till you make case. Experience is not the best teacher its the most painful teacher that is sure to shorten your survival in the markets. Yes you have to learn from experience this does not go away. Just like a basketball player starts in elementary then to junior high then to high school the to college then to nba etc… - it will get progressively more difficult but you can handle it as you take on the challenges appropriately. But don’t blow out your account as your in a rush. Make sure you ahve some money to actually trade with once you figure it out. Goal 1 survival - Goal 2 profit

Once you got it down you do small trades (scrimmages) and work your way up.

[quote=jkane77]On the Demo mode in any financial trading platform fills are instant regardless of liquidity which does matter

Demo modes are in no way a good indicator of success

Its only good to learn trading platform and trading sizes/lots

hate to say it only way you learn is with real money and just bet minimum amount[/quote]