Nadex Demo gives better strikes and prices than LIVE account

Hi guys

I would like to know what the reason is behind this.

I have been trading on my demo account for quite some time using an ITM strategy that I just haven’t lost with.

So I have loaded my live account with 500 dollars and im ready to go. However whenever I get in front of that live account I suddenly am too scared to place a trade, the odds of it winning just seem to not be as great all of a sudden and this whole time I have been thinking its because I am just being too scared.

However this morning I realized what the actual problem is. The pricing on the strikes are all different and much better on the demo account.

Just a few minutes ago I logged onto my demo account to find that i could get a buy contract on audusd for 0.7620 for a 20 dollar profit on the 7am daily expiry. That is a trade i could take 55 pips ITM for a 20 dollar profit with just 3 and a half hours to go.

So I decide to jump onto my live account to place this trade, only to find that on my live account it is giving me a best of 0.7660 stike for 8 dollars profit. That is an entire 40 pips closer to my stike for less than half the profit that I was offered for 0.7620 on my demo.

I feel this is an unfair way of doing a demo account because this entire time I have been thinking that I’m doing so well and that i’m ready for a real account, but now i’ve realized that all the trades i’ve been making are ones I wouldn’t have been able to on the live account anyway.

So months of practicing a strategy that I cant implement on a live account. So i’m not even sure If I would be trading profitably if I go live. And the only way to find out would be to take live trades as I cant trust the demo account at all anymore because all the prices and strikes are completely off.

And I checked across all the pairs to see if the prices and strikes differ from the live account and they do.

Can someone please comment on this or clarify this for me. Am I missing something?

Nadex pricing more expensive in live than demo account

Nadex has had some issues this morning with their indicative and their data feeds due to some changes over the weekend. Live and demo should not have that type of difference unless you are seeing quotes that are from other traders in dmeo and not the quotes from nadex market makers. But no, the quotes should not be that much difference from live to demo. Check it again later and tomorrow and you should see them matching up closer

Hi Mark, Yes it has been an interesting day with prices and quotes etc. I noticed that at 17:05 BST, the Ustec was 4833.20 whilst the indicative was 4822.1 I understand that the indicative is, as it say,s an indication of price as opposed to the actual underlying, and, that it is reflecting actual trade prices over a period of time.

However, over 10 full points difference is quite a large amount . It was at a time when price was in a small range too (2 full points). My experience of observing the USTEC is relatively short, around two months and I think it is the largest difference I have seen. Is this normal or would you suspect that this is also something with the data feed/algos. I do see differences every day but only a few points here and there. Interesting to hear from your long term perspective Mark what you have experienced.

I must say too, that I am really pleased trading spreads(Demo) especially on the Nasdaq, winning seems to be the norm and losing the exception, so I hope to persevere, hopefully with a subscription in the near future as I would like to add Expected Vol and Expected Ranges.

Just seen the NQ indicative, still stuck at 4822.1 has been for a long time so must be data feed issue.

Yes, I would say these issues are arising fromt eh data issues. Should not be a huge difference like that in price, unless, like mentioned, the prices you are seeing are contracts being listed by other demo testers and not the market makers etc.

I know how you feel. Trading on a demo makes you more confident than trading a live one since you’re mind is set to think that it’s okay if i lose on a demo since it’s all fake. Then when you jump on the live, you’re mind switches to reality and fear because you’re afraid to lose if you make one mistake. Trust me I do it all the time. What i learn from my experience is that you have to think the live version is a demo and be confident in your trade. Take profit as quickly and don’t be greedy. Be patient, wait for the right setup and you should be all right. Also make sure to put at least $500 min. Don’t go for the 100 minimum because you need cushion in case you lose one trade, you have at least some amount to attack the next one. Finally don’t go for the bait. I usually go $30 for a sell contract or $60/$70 for a buy contract that way i’m not risking 80 percent of my account. Reading candlesticks is the key in binary.

-cheers

LOL! I just posted about this on a different topic here at Apex. I even provided the visual proof. The demo contracts should be exactly the same as the live contracts. When I noticed the OTM prices were way too high, I decided to take advantage of it on LIVE with ITM contracts. That’s how I discovered the difference in pricing.