NADEX FIX Connection and FIX Engine

Apex Team:

I am looking for advice in setting up a FIX Connection with NADEX in order to run some algo’s as quickly as possible - I assume that APEX currently uses a FIX Connection since you make available streaming quotes in your scanners. I run a small shop but the cost per month for the connection is no problem, I just need help figuring out what engine or suite or who to talk to in order to get myself set up to run the algo’s. Do you guys have any suggestions as of who to use for getting setup on FIX with NADEX?

Thanks for any input!

Regards,

Matt

Interesting question. I’ve seen a few jobs posted on **** to rig something up but it didn’t look like any of the jobs were completed. If I’m not mistaken though, the Apex scanner just utilizes Chrome to glean the data.

We are not scraping anything off of chrome lol - there is no way that would work or be fast enough no way we could pull and push all that data without upsetting someone a LOT :slight_smile: You can’t rig this up it has to work without errors or Nadex will shut down your feed and you wont even make it out of prod…

Our scanner works in chrome, firefox, explorer and most of the other browsers. The feed comes from our custom built feed servers not browser scraping. You would not want to use scraping for live tradind algos. The scanner tickets work in most browsers. The only ticket that is subject to chrome is the stop trigger and that is just to keep cost down on the upgraded feature.

Just a heads up it wont be easy and it wont be quick. Remember this is an exchange not a broker. So its different than getting a brokers API etc… There is virtually little support and you have to write all your own libraries and separate out all the data. We have been developing it and continue developing it. I have programmers that literally that is all they do is work on the nadex fix connection. They work for me full time. Its not going to be some 1 hour or 20 hour or 2 or 6 month free lance project. There is no engine or suite its all you writing it from the ground up…basically pay fee here is a data feed to the tune of over 10 GB an hour… have fun…go through multiple levels of testing to get them to open up to you the entire thing…its a long process committing about 80+ hours a week in man hours for development for months (and we have been going on it for about 2 years and are working on out 5th generation at this point).

The cost is not the feed the cost is the development of it. Obviously we spent a lot of time and I spent a lot of money developing it so we don’t just give it away. However, we are making more and more tools in the background that we are looking to release in the coming year (no eta) so those who are looking for an easier way to do more robust things can but it will be a bit as I said we are still developing our 5th generation data feed for various applications and trading platforms and are also now building the historical data engine as well for back testing etc…

Darrell