Nadex Spreads Risk = Margin

I attended your webinar today. One of the keys is the entry. When you were showing the examples…your entries were very close to the edge of the box spread…for example if the box spread was 1300-1360 and I was lucky enough to enter at 1301 long then my loss would have only been $10…verses if I entered at 1310 and my loss would have been $100

also working with the previous example…at the end of the day if price closed at 1309…my loss should be $10 correct?

if this is true then i would also get a debt of $9.00 per unit traded?

risk=margin?

if so…then there isn’t really any margin correct?

if the current price is below the floor…can i still buy at that time?

the previous questions is based on 1300-1360 floor/ceiling and price is currently trading at 1280

es one of the big keys is being near the floor or ceiling

You do not have to be lucky to get an entry near the floor or ceiling as new spreads are appearing throughout the day

Yes on one spread 1300.0-1360.0 if entery at 1301.0 then that would be 10 ticks each tick equal $1 1301.0 buy spread price 1300.0 floor 1.0 remove decimal 10 ticks x1 dollar per tick $10 risk

if you bought at 1301.0 and sold at 1300.9 then loss would be $1.00 as the loss would be 1 tick

risk = margin - there is no debt as the risk is fully collateralized up front and this is the margin (margin is the money you have to put up - up front to place the trade). So if you open the trade at 1301.0 would would have a margin debit of $10 from your account immediately upon placing the trade. If you closed the trade at 1300.9 then you would get a credit of $9 to your account $10 debited ($1.00 loss) = $9 credit.

You can buy if the price is below the floor. It will not be free of course as there is still time to expiration so you will have extrinsic value. If you are buying a spread below the floor or selling a spread above the ceiling this would be an OTM option and show as O under the TM column on the scanner.

if you bought the same spread at 1310 risk would be $100 1310.0 buy spread price 1300.0 floor 10.0 remove decimal 100 ticks x1 dollar per tick $100 risk

Where you exit the trade or where it settles and the difference will be your P/L (with the maximum P/L being capped by the strike of the floor or ceiling if just doing a spread and not a hedge)

Darrell