Nadex Spreads (Time question)

Hi everybody, I’m very new to Nadex and I have an example of a trade I would be grateful for any clarification I can get. Say I purchased a daily position that I got into at 8:00 AM and it expires at 4:15 PM. I stayed in the position till expiry. It expired at 4:15 PM minus $1.00. Is there a dollar value for holding it for the full 8 hours and 15 minutes? Thank’s for any help you could give :-).

Hi. The dollar looks like the NADEX Fee. ($1 in and $1 out = $2) If you hold until expiration you don’t pay the closing Fee. Hope that helps.

Or you could be talking about holding until expiration at which case there are premiums. Sometimes you collect and sometimes you pay.

Do you have a chart and corresponding entry/exit along with the NADEX transaction history. If you post those I’m sure I can help.

Thx,

Mike

Hi again,i purchased a contract (US 500). I bought the Daily. before 8:00 AM and held till 4:15 PM. I decided to let it go on till expiry, at the end I was minus $200.00 or so in the hole. However at the end of the trade. I still came out ahead at $186.00 to the good. What happened and Is there a way to calculate this ahead of time? Thank’s in advance for any help I can get.

I’m not sure because I don’t know the condition under what you bought your contract.

Was it NTM, OTS, DIS etc. Did you buy/Sell barely into the money? (Theta, Beta etc apply) What was the premium +/- How much was the premium? Was there proximity?

There are so many variables.

It is possible to go back and see where the trade made and lost money but you need the starting details.

You should screenshot your trades at the start and at the end then you can compare.

If you do that I am sure I could help.

Thank!