News Trades

I was interested to know what underlying futures you would expect to move the most on the various US financial news releases

Depends on which report: Tonight AUD/USD on employment GBP/USD on GBP interest Rates EUR/USD on EUR interest Rates Unemployment - Gold - but also a lot of USD/CAD reports at same time so tomorrow USD/CAD Every report varies - combinations of events that day vary… - have to do your homework to see the expectations of moves what moves most what happens when xyz comes out compared to expectations, last report a year ago, what other reports that day - day before day after etc… - lot of homework for about 3 months but then you got a book of trades to last a lifetime

Depends on the trade - on AUD/USD - i will use AUD/USD spreads

On GBP/USD and EUR/USD and USD/CAD - i will use those pairs - Maybe Gold on the USD/CAD with unemployment on USD (but claims are not the same as NFP etc… so not as bent towards gold)

on the post AUD/USD trades i will compare the trades for R/R on both binaries and spreads to see which are best.

[quote=darrell] on the post AUD/USD trades i will compare the trades for R/R on both binaries and spreads to see which are best.[/quote]

If we stay within 1 DD of either side, then it seems the strikes might be too expensive. May have to go with spreads.

spreads at night - spread or binaries in the AM

what about eur/jpy pair for tomorrow (ECB rate decision)? we will have two events for ECB rate decision tomorrow - at 7:45 and another at 8:30. The one at the 8:30 will probably higher impact. However, we will also have US unemployment claims at 8:30. So, if ECB rate decision has negative effects on Euro and unemployment claims has negative effects on USD (or both positive effects), then we may not see major movement in EUR/USD. However, JPY does not seem to have any major news tonight. So, what do you think?

Good plan… but no deviations so i rarely trade it note if eur is negative

EUR/USD (EUR down/jpy up)

and say USD/JPY (USD up (jpy down)

jpy up/down - jpy neutral

So in theory could make EUR go direction But if they are both negative or both positive - then that would cancel it out also…

By the way, when should we enter the market for Euro interest rate decision? before 7.45 or before 8.30? Can we expect bonus signal for this news?

I would do before the interest announcement

Would not wait on press conference

Same strategy spreads or binaries use deviations. May do signals feel free to do it either way.

good trade not there on interest rate - but great one on GBP/USD

on eur/usd great trade on press conference on gold - great trade on press/usd/cad annoucements on usd/cad - worked out - eventually - but would have closed early due to mixed reports

USD CAD moved +1 DEV off the report (took its sweet time but it made it) EUR/USD Moved +5 then -2 Dev - mainly off the press conference GBP/USD Moved +1 Dev - off the 4:30 report Gold - take your pick - it moved down a -1 dev - then back up to almost +.5 - then back down to about a -.7 dev all this morning!

Perfect USD/CAD strangle today 5 reports at once - perfect move to 1.5 dev - 1 dev from where we started 100% roi in about 3 minutes