NinjaTrader alerts based on deviation levels

I am wondering if it’s possible to create an alert in NinjaTrader that would notify me when the price touches (or better yet, gets near) a certain diagnostic deviation level. It seems like some custom scripting is required, but I have no idea where to start. Is this even possible? If so, any help getting started would be appreciated. I have some experience programming, but not a ton.

You could try setting up a Market analyzer window using the price level of the Deviation set as an “last price” alarm that fires.

A quick video (~50 seconds) is here: 03.13.2015-11.19.16 - john92592’s library

Will try this after work today. Many thanks!

Another video changing labels to identify the Dev Levels

03.14.2015-00.13.24 - john92592’s library

Thanks for the videos. I also found another free indicator that is a lot easier to use if you don’t mind a couple extra lines on your chart. It will alert you if price touches or breaks in either direction, so if you are wanting to be alerted when price gets near or touches a diviation level this will work perfect. Of course you can turn it off whenever you want. I’m not an affiliate of this site and I’ve never posted any links pointing to other peoples site so hopefully its allowed.

Total Alert for NinjaTrader 7 - ninZa.co http://ninza.co/product/total-alert][Free

Another great thing about that indicator is you can drag price lines on your chart with ease and turn it off really easy by clicking a button at the top of your chart. I like using this indicator when doing iron butterflies but you use it for pretty much anything. Hopefully you find it useful.

The deviation indicator (not deviation levels) has an alert for when deviation levels are hit. Its automatic so no line drawing or moving is required.

You can turn them on in the settings.